Kinetis Bootloader 2.0 Makefile

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis Bootloader 2.0 Makefile

wilkinsw
Contributor III

Does anyone have an example Makefile for building NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0 without using KDS?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

wilkinsw
Contributor III

I have everything compiling and linking under MCUXpresso now, just need to verify it works and then I'll post about what I had to do.  Mostly just defining a lot of symbols that are named differently now.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

OK, MCUXpress IDE is the new IDE which will instead of KDS.

But in the Kboot2.0, there still the KDS project.

About import KDS project to MCUXpresso IDE, you can refer to this link:

MCUXpresso IDE: Importing Kinetis Design Studio Projects | MCU on Eclipse 

I don't know which kinetis chip you are using, in the near future, the SDK will contain the Kboot MCUxpresso project directly.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wilkins,

Until now, I didn't find any example which just use the makefule without the IDE.

I think if you don't want to use the KDS, you also can use other IDE, like MDK and IAR.

You also can use the .bin file which already be build by the IDE, you can find it from folder:

NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MK22F51212\iar\binaries

Then, you just need to use the external debugger or programmer to download this code to your flash.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos