Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KW45 FreeRTOS multiTask using serial manager to print out message

Jump to solution
Andy_Wang_JP
Contributor III

Hi NXP support team :

I'm trying to implement my application of CCC DK 3.0,and I start to practice by the project "kw45b41zevk_digital_key_device_freertos" of KW45 SDK. 

Currently I trying to create another Task , and I need it to print out some messages for simple debug. 

But in the sample project, the serial manager and shell component has been initialized by  "APP_InitServices()"  and "BluetoothLEHost_AppInit()"  in the start_task().

If my task want to print out the message through the serial manager and shell, do I need to initial both of them(using different handle name) as well when I create my task ?

Or any method you suggestion to implement this feature?

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Andy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Once they are initialized is not necessary to re-initialize this in order to use the command line or shell messages.

I would highly recommend to give a look into the ble_shell freeRTOS example, that can be help full on how to send commands through shell and how they create the tasks for sending this messages.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Once they are initialized is not necessary to re-initialize this in order to use the command line or shell messages.

I would highly recommend to give a look into the ble_shell freeRTOS example, that can be help full on how to send commands through shell and how they create the tasks for sending this messages.

0 Kudos
Andy_Wang_JP
Contributor III

Hi 

Thanks for the supporting, the example is helpful for me to understand the method of serial manager.

I can print out the message from 2nd task by shell_write().

Thanks a lot .

0 Kudos