KM35Z512 Three-Phase Power Meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KM35Z512 Three-Phase Power Meter

MehmetKirgozoglu
Contributor I

I am using TWR-KM35Z75M and working on building a 3-Phase Power Meter. 

When I looked all  Application Notes I just found AN12837 (KM35Z512 based One-Phase Smart Power Meter Reference Design) as an example for KM35 series but I couldn't find 3-Phase Application Note.Also, I couldn't find the application software based on AN12837, which mentions about using MKM35Z512 bare-metal software drivers but it seems MKM34Z256 bare metal software drivers (5. Referance of AN12837). The MKM34Z256 bare metal software drivers is too old, is there any new bare metal software drivers?

Moreover, I couldn't understand that voltage signals are connected to 3 comparator channels (0, 2 and 5) but in their application software just 1 comparator channel is initialized in the DRM162 and DRM147. And application softwares are using Filter-Based Algorithm, is there any 3-Phase power meter application software using FFT-Based Algorithm?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mehmet.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

dporada
Contributor III

Hello,

I an also looking at AN13338 and I have downloaded the associated files AN13338SW.

I am unable to open any code files for MCUXpresso.  I was able to open them for IAR, but I am only running a demo version.  How do I open the MCUXpresso files?

0 Kudos

dporada
Contributor III

OK, I found that if you import the project, you can find the files.

Sorry.

0 Kudos

biswanath_bhowmick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For 3 phase meter design with KM35Z512, you can also refer to AN13338 https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN13338.pdf and can find HW, SW details from https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/general-purpose-mc... 

Best regards,

Biswanath

0 Kudos

dporada
Contributor III

I have a question about AN13338SW.  I want to build the project km3x_3phase_meter_release.  When I import the files into MCUXpresso, I am unable to build the project.  It says that some of the files cannot be found.  I an unable to find them either.  Do you know how to fix this?

0 Kudos

biswanath_bhowmick
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @dporada,

I am seeing the issue at my end. Instead of importing the archive .zip file, if you first unzip to to a folder and do "Import->Existing Projects into Workspace->Select root directory" and chose the unzipped folder and select the project(s) you want to build, does not get issues while building.

Let me know if this solved your issue.

The problem with archive import has been noted.

Best regards,

Biswanath 

dporada
Contributor III

Biswanath,

Thank you for your fast response.

That kind of worked.  It still doesn’t work on the Macintosh version, but it worked on a windows version of MCUXpresso.

On the Mac version I get the same errors.  I’m assuming that you were trying to run it on a windows machine?

Don

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

I suggest you use for reference the SDK examples. Here you can download the SDK for the TWR-KM35Z75M https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome.

There you can find examples of the use of the power metering library in different use cases that can be useful.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos

MehmetKirgozoglu
Contributor I

Hello Omar, 

Thank you getting back to me. Well, there are useful metering library examples.

But, for the 3-Phase meter design, I couldn't see 3 comparator channels in application software where the 3 comparator channels connected to CMP0_IN0, CMP0_IN2 and CMP0_IN5 (DRM162). Also in my application I couldn't get any interrupt from comparator channels.

How should I use comparator channels (for the zero cross measurement) ? 

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

CMP1 and CMP2 are used for zero-crossing detection. I suggest you refer to the cmp_interrupt example to integrate it into the 3-phase design.

For more detailed information about the comparator, I suggest you check chapter 33 of the reference manual.

Let me know if this is helpful, if you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.

Best regards,

Omar

0 Kudos