cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KL25Z Temperature Measurement Project

hoemin
Contributor I

Hello,

I am going to start a project using KL25Z Board connects to an external temperature sensor, likely to use a Microchip MCP9700/9700A or MCP9701/9701A Linear Active Thermistor IC.

Please enlightened me if the above thermistor is suitable or recommend suitable one, and also point to me any project source code, etc. done for temperature sensing. The CodeWarrior version that I am using is 10.6.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards

Hoe Min

0 Kudos
6 Replies

hoemin
Contributor I

Dear all,

I had completed the project in July 2016 by switching from KTY 82/100 to LMA75A Temperature Sensor.

Best Regards

Hoe Min

0 Kudos

hoemin
Contributor I

Dear David,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I do not have schematics, I only connected the KTY82/100 Temperature Sensor directly to the pins on KL25Z:

Pin # of KTY80/100 Temperature SensorConnect to Pin # of KL-25Z Microcontroller I/O Header
112 – GND (Ground)
2 8 - P3V3 (3.3 Volt)
3 2 - PTB0 (Signal)

All I need is to record the readings, convert to degree C (presume calibration as set in NXP factory) and present the graphical display on FreeMASTER.

I prefer to use Codewarrior 10.6 with FreeMASTER, but if needed I will use Kinetis Design Studio IDE v3.2.0 (KDS) instead of Codewarrior.

I have downloaded both FreeMaster 2.0 and KDS v3.2.0 and loaded in my computer.

Any help and information that you could provide to get my project going would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Best Regards

Hoe Min

0 Kudos

hoemin
Contributor I

Dear David,

Thanks for your advice.

I had purchased the KTY82/100 Temperature Sensor and wired up to use with FRDM-KL25Z ( MKL25Z128VLK4). I had run your program using main.c, see screen shot below:

pastedImage_0.png

but it did not show any readings. I need to display in "real-time" the readings in degree C on my laptop screen, export to Excel .csv file to display on Excel or using a external program to grab the data and display on screen.

I will be grateful if you could help and enlighten me on this.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hoe Min

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Min,

I am glad to help.

The project that I provided you before, measures the bandgap voltage reference.

You may find attached an even simpler ADC project in order to measure the temperature sensor output.

Please note that PTB0 is the analog input.

freedom.jpg

The complete source code is written in the Kinetis Design Studio v3.2.0 in collaboration with the FreeMASTER tool in order to visualize the magnetic data.

ADC_result.jpg

In case you still have problems to read the temperature sensor, please provide your schematic.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

david_diaz
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Hoe Min,

Based on your requirements, a suitable recommendation would be the KTY82 series.

The temperature sensors in the KTY82 series have a positive temperature coefficient of resistance and are suitable for use in measurement and control systems. The sensors are encapsulated in the small plastic Surface Mounted Device (SMD) SOT23 package.

The temperatures sensors in the KTY82 series can accurately measure temperature from -55C to +150C.

Some of its features are:

• High accuracy and reliability
  • Long-term stability
  • Positive temperature coefficient; fail-safe behavior
  • Virtually linear characteristics

Please find more information about the KTY82 series as well as its datasheet at the following link:

http://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/temperature-sensors/silicon-temperature-sensors:KTY82

KTY82.jpg

In regard with the project source requested, please review the file attached.

The file contains an FRDM-KL25Z ADC Project for CodeWarrior v10.x with its corresponding presentation.

I hope this information will be useful for you.

If I misunderstood your question, feel free to let me know.  I will be glad to help.

Have a great day.

David Diaz.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

hoemin
Contributor I

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply.

I will purchase the KTY82 and try it out.

Will contact you for any additional help.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hoe Min

0 Kudos