cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE02z stuck in bootloader mode?

Jump to solution
daveboyle
Contributor III

Hi, my Ke02Z showed as an external drive with the proper label so I held down the reset and plugged it in to enter bootloader mode. Then I dropped in some of the .srec precompiled example files, repowered and they didn't work as they were supposed to. Now it's stuck showing bootloader as the name of the external drive. The green led blinks 8 times, then stays off for 3 seconds and repeats. Have I bricked my poor little Ke02Z? Is this some kind of error mode? How do I get back to normal operation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dave:

Refer to the next article about some things to check when using OpenSDA:

FRDM Board not responding? Check your Virus Scanner! | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dave,

If I understand what you dragged and dropped onto the bootloader drive correctly, it sounds like you dropped the incorrect item.  The precompiled examples are to be programmed onto the KE02 which is done from the normal mass storage device.  When you are in bootloader mode, you are programming the K20 (processor for the debug circuit) and are expected to drop a CMSIS DAP program, or PE Micro OpenSDA program, or Segger J-Link OpenSDA program onto that drive. 

So to fix your issue, you need to drop a CMSIS DAP, PE Micro OpenSDA, or Segger J-Link app onto your bootloader.  Then power cycle the board and you can drop one of the precompiled examples onto the mass storage device (NOT the bootloader). 

~Chris

daveboyle
Contributor III

I tried dropping all 3 of the OpenSDA samples from the Quick Start Package and I still get 8 blinks and the label bootloader after power cycling. They are:

CMSIS-DAP_OpenSDA.S19

DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v106.SDA

MSD-FRDM-KE02Z_Pemicro_v111.SDA

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dave:

Refer to the next article about some things to check when using OpenSDA:

FRDM Board not responding? Check your Virus Scanner! | MCU on Eclipse

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
daveboyle
Contributor III

Okay I fixed it. Thank you gentlemen for the excellent advice. I left the Windows 8.1 laptop with Avast anti-virus that I was using and went back to my Linux box. I was in boot loader mode and I dropped in the largest boot loader program, power cycled and was back in mass storage mode. I dropped in some demo programs and they all worked as expected. Now I can write some code! Thanks very much!

0 Kudos