cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K65 Max UART Baud Rate

michaelsteffenf
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Question regarding the max UART baud rate on the K65 is that the input clock needs to be divided by 16, hence the max should be 60MHz (bus clock) / 16 = 3.75MHz. Can anyone confirm this?

The K65 LPUART seems to remove the required divide by 16, but I assume that is to allow for the over-sampling feature. What is the max baud rate on the LPUART?

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

UART0 and UART1 modules operate from the core/system clock, which provides higher performance level for these modules.

The UART0 and UART1 could support up to 180MHz/16 = 11.25MHz.

LPUART baud rate = (ASYNCH module clock)/ (SBR[12:0]x(OSR+1)), the Min. value of (SBR[12:0]x(OSR+1)) is 4.

So in theory, the LPUART baud rate could up to MCGPLLCLK/4 = 180MHz/4 = 45MHz.

While, I don't find any material to support this high speed baud rate for LPUART.

I think LPUART could not work as fast as UART0 and UART1, which used for low power mode mainly.

The LPUART baud rate up to 3.75Mbps sounds reasonable.

Wish it helps.
best regards
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos