cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64F reset issue...again

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi everyone!
I'm lucky owner of K64F board but I've a problem with reset routine. None of those which are avaible works.

I tried everything, but the board gets stuck everytime I perform software/hardware reset.

I'm using segger bootloader for K20. Can somebody help?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies

jasonphilippi
Contributor III

Wojciech Lesniewicz,

Which button are you using for your reset routine?

I used SW1 to reset as my reset button. Connect Jumper J25 to pins 2+3. If you look on the back of the board, they are labeled as SW1 and MCU. I also power the board via K64F USB. 

FRDM-K64F-reset.PNG

This reset method will probably not work while debugging using OpenSDA, but will work if flashed, then powered by the K64F USB port instead. I was frustrated with using OpenSDA, so I use a jlink debugger with an adapter to program the board.

Best Regards,

Jason Philippi

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi Jason!

Why should I use another button then standard one? :smileyhappy: I have jumper in 2-3 position and a segger K20 bootloader all the time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wojciech Lesniewicz,

What the board you are using? Official board or your own designed board?

If it is the own designed board, please check the external circuit:

1. Reset_b pin should have external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor, and 0.1uf capacitor to ground.

2. NMI pin should add external 4.7K to 10K pull up resistor.

You said, your board get stuck every time, did you debug it? where it will be stuck? You can upload a debug picture.

When you use the Segger debugger, you can use the JLINK commander window to check your board, whether it can find the core or not?

Wish it helps you!

If you still have problem, please contact me!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi Kerry Zhou,

I'm using official K64F board without any hardware changes to original design.

I can debug it, flash it and live with it but can't force it to run application after pressing reset button or using software reset.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wojciech Lesniewics,

Do you use the FRDM-K64?

If yes, please check the board, SW3, whether it have the capacitor on your PTA4 pin or not?

pastedImage_1.png

Do you have C55 on your board? If your board have it, please remove this capacitor, then test it again.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

As I wrote, I'm using standard Freedom K64f board.

I'll remove this cap it in evening.

Should I also replace capacitor by reset button? Schematic says it's 1n and you've written, that it should be 100n.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wojciech,

Reset circuit can use the the reset button, don't need to modify it.

Just remove the C55 on the board, then try again and tell me your test result.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi Kerry Zhou!

I checked my board and I don't have this capacitor soldered.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wojciech,

1. Tell me your FRDM-K64 board reversion.

You can find it in the bottom of K64, SCH-28163 REV?

2.  Change your JLINK firmware with the newest one, please download it from this link:

SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - Downloads 

3. Use the official KSDK2.0_FRDM-K64 code, you can download it from this link:

Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert

Click build an SDK, choose FRDM-K64 board, and download the code, take SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\demo_apps\bubble as an example.

After download the code, exit the debug mode, click reset button, check whether the code is working.

Waiting for your reply!

Have a great day,

Kerry

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi Kerry!

I'll do everything in the evening but for now on I can say, that I've no idea how to use this strange kinetis sdk, it never worked for me even with manual. I'm using simple CW+PE all the time.

I guess that this app is pretty simple, in such simple aplications like blinking single led it allows to reset, but let's add UART or I2C etc and it freezes.

EDIT:

I've sch-28163 REV E3

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Wojciech,

The KSDK 2.0 is easy to use, it has the KDS, IAR, KEIL project, it is not the CW project.

From your description: blinking single led it allows to reset, but let's add UART or I2C etc and it freezes.Your problem may caused by your code, not the hardware.

So, highly recommend you to use the official code and try again on your side.

Any question, please let me know.

Besides, I also use the FRDM-K64 REV E3 board on my side.

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I had similar issues with the FRDM-K64F not booting/resetting properly. The problem I have identified is that it was because the EzPort was enabled by default. I had to disable it, and then booting worked fine.

If using Processor Expert, the setting is in the CPU component:

pastedImage_1.png

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

wojciechlesniew
Contributor I

Hi Erich, thank you for answer.

Disabling EzPort was the first thing I've done after I started using this board (about 01.2015). It didn't helped at all.

0 Kudos