JLink connection on chip MKL46Z256VLH4

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JLink connection on chip MKL46Z256VLH4

nicolelii
Contributor I

hello, i was trying to upload my code to my chip (MKL46Z256VLH4) using JLink on MCUXpresso. but when i flash it using debugging mode I got a message saying cannot find target then Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:2331

Error message from debugger back end:
localhost:2331: Operation timed out.
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote localhost:2331

Error message from debugger back end:

and i checked the problem on the forum it says it's something wrong with the MCUXpresso IDE update but the IDE i used right now is the latest version. So I don't really know what's the issue. Thank you!

for reference:

VTref is connected to VDD on microcontroller, CLK, IO, RESET, GND are connected accordingly. the VDD of the microcontroller is also powered by a 3.3V external power supply.

2 Replies

XuZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi,nicolelii

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you, I will gladly help you with this.

I have done some tests with the FRDM-KL46Z development board, but there is no recurrence of your problem. May I ask if you made the circuit board yourself? The SDK version I use is 2.11.0 and the MCUXpresso IDE version is 11.10. Meanwhile, I have attached my test project so that you can test whether the problem still exists?

BR

Xu Zhang

nicolelii
Contributor I

Hello,

I was able to get rid of that issue. However, I got a new error when I was trying to upload code: Error: Failed to halt CPU. and Error: Failed to preserve target RAM @ 0x1FFFE000-0x20005FFF. 

I'm also not using the FRDM-KL46Z board. Instead, I soldered MKL46Z256VLH4 on a breakout board (PA0096) to test chip functionality. 

I connected Vtref to VDD, GND to VSS, SWDIO to PTA3, SWDCLK to PTA0, and RESET to PTA20. I also powered Vtref/VDD using 3.3V power supply.

Thank you!

0 Kudos