How to view Peripheral registers in debug mode? I am using KL25 FRDM board. Dev Environment Code Warrior IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view Peripheral registers in debug mode? I am using KL25 FRDM board. Dev Environment Code Warrior IDE

Jump to solution
anand-k
Contributor III

How to view Peripheral registers in debug mode(in OpenSDA debug)? I am using KL25 FRDM board. Dev Environment Code Warrior IDE

Labels (1)
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is possible to update periodically global variables and whatever has memory (e.g. memory mapped registers) with the KL25Z (or any Kinetis).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

there is the 'Registers' view (Window > Show View > Register) for this.

You can view the peripheral registers as well without debugging:

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/04/07/offline-registers/

anand-k
Contributor III

Hello Eric,

Thanks for your quick response.

But it seems that the neither registers in 'Registers' view nor global variables in 'Variables' are updated dynamically in debug run mode; only when I press the Suspend button, the updated value is reflected/shown. What should be done to make it for dynamic update?

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To my knowledge it is not easily possible to refresh the CPU registers while running. And that would be probably not practical as they are changing very fast. If you want to show a few peripheral registers, that's possible if you show them as variables. See Live View for Variables and Memory | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
anand-k
Contributor III

What about global variables, even they are not updated? I can understand that the variables or registers are updating so fast that you can't view its value unless you suspend debug. I had used CW IDE(not eclipse based - in one of my prev project) for HCS12X based controller in which in debug mode i can view the variables and registers getting updated dynamically in run mode. 

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, global variables can be updated as for the HCS12(X). See Live View for Variables and Memory | MCU on Eclipse

0 Kudos
anand-k
Contributor III

OK whether it is(global variables update)possible in KL25? you had mentioned only about CPU registers.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It is possible to update periodically global variables and whatever has memory (e.g. memory mapped registers) with the KL25Z (or any Kinetis).

0 Kudos