How to read and Write data to external EEPROM connected to KL25z board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read and Write data to external EEPROM connected to KL25z board

mohammads0019
Contributor II

Hello Guys , I am trying to read and write data to an Externally connected EEPROM . But i couldn't do yet. Can anyone give me the code for that. I try IAR and processor Expert, May be i am missing something.. can anyone help...

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
8 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm using it with 24AA EEPROMS, see Driver for Microchip 24xx Serial EEPROM | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

mohammads0019
Contributor II

Hey ya thanks....hey do you have configured kinetis Bootloader to SPI master mode.. because by default its in Slave mode, and i dont know how to do it, i also search on that but couldnt find anything.. can you tell me where should i implement code in it to conf in master mode... give me any code if you have or any guide...Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mahammad Sathalya:

Was your previous issue with the EEPROM resolved?

For your latest question, are you talking about this bootloader: Kinetis Bootloader|Freescale ?

That bootloader only supports SPI mode. Unfortunately there are no guides to implement SPI master mode bootloader.

Regards!
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

mohammads0019
Contributor II

Hello , ya previous issue was resolved ,And i also find a way to make that bootloader to work in master mode. Now I  have a another Q.

I want to read and write my data from EEPROM to Flash..

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mahammad,

this article describes how to write the internal FLASH: Configuration Data: Using the Internal FLASH instead of an external EEPROM | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

mohammads0019
Contributor II

My exact question would be?  " What are the changes i have to do in the bootloader code for to do memory read and write from EEPROM ....what changes.. and where..?????????????

0 Kudos

mohammads0019
Contributor II

And i also want to read and write data from the externally connected EEPROM...

0 Kudos

mohammads0019
Contributor II

Hey Hello , Thank You very much for the response, I will check that, Hey but do you know any way to do this without processor expert, currently i am using IAR for this ,

0 Kudos