cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build KL05 low_power_demo?

Jump to solution
charlespalmer
Contributor I

There is a demo that looks a useful starting point for anyone developing low power applications:

\KL05-SC\klxx-sc-baremetal\src\projects\low_power_demo

but no pre-built binary and no visible instructions for building this in CodeWarrior for a FRDM-KL05Z.

Any tips?

IMHO it would be very useful if someone could convert this into a Processor Expert project....

Alternatively, are there other CodeWarrior projects that provide working examples of putting a KL processor into the low power modes? It is a key feature of the hardware but I have not so far found working examples of power management.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charles,

My suggestion would be to make a copy of the LED_Blink program in the KL05 sample code and simply remove the LED_Blink sources and add the sources for the low power demo that you want.

But if you are using Processor Expert, there is a Processor Expert low power demo in the KL25_SC package that you could use as a starting point.  That package can be found under the downloads section of www.freescale.com/frdm-kl25z.

Hope this helps,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Hello Charles,

have you get to tried this suggestion? Did it work?

Please keep us posted :smileywink:

Best regards,

Monica

0 Kudos
charlespalmer
Contributor I

Hi Monica

I was able to build a working demo for the FRDM-KL25Z to allow me to get my head around the clock modes. It is incomplete, but did allow me to move to one of the very low power modes (LLS) and back again with both a timer and a switch wakeup event.

I am happy to share this, and can send the zipped project file if you like.

Regards - Charles

0 Kudos
Monica
Senior Contributor III

Charles,

that is just great! :smileygrin:

I'm happy too to see it worked out! Is up to you if you'd like to share your project, I would do it in a separate discussion or even Create a Document, but as I said, is up to your decision.

Thanks for the update!

Best regards,

Monica.

0 Kudos
charlespalmer
Contributor I

Hi Monica

I have copied the project here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/472780/LP_Test4.zip

It's over to you whether you use it or not. If you do then you might

want to polish it, add it to your existing app note AN4503 etc.

Regards - Charles

0 Kudos
ioancalapod
Contributor II

Hi Charles

Would you have a more complete version of the LP_test project that you could share with me?

I am going through the AN4503 right now; looked a little bit at your project and I liked what I saw.

When I mean more complete I am wondering if you had a chance to implement the VLLSx cases:

case VLLS3:

printf("Not yet implemented.\n");

break;

case VLLS1:

break;

case VLLS0:

Thanks, Ioan

0 Kudos
chris_brown
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Charles,

My suggestion would be to make a copy of the LED_Blink program in the KL05 sample code and simply remove the LED_Blink sources and add the sources for the low power demo that you want.

But if you are using Processor Expert, there is a Processor Expert low power demo in the KL25_SC package that you could use as a starting point.  That package can be found under the downloads section of www.freescale.com/frdm-kl25z.

Hope this helps,

Chris

0 Kudos