How program on MCU FRDM-KL46Z 256kb ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How program on MCU FRDM-KL46Z 256kb ?

marcossantos-ee
Contributor II

I bought this device KL46Z, plugged the openSDA's USB and tested the pre-compiled examples provided from the company. But what IDE is better to program it ? I have already tried the CodeWarrior IDE, but I had some troubles with it, since I don't know the functions that the MCU accepts. I program C language. I tried Processor Expert too but don't worked. I want a help hand, or at least a north, cause i'm pretty lost >.>.  Thanks for your attention

3 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Santos,

Freescale provides example software for FRDM-KL46Z, which could be downloaded from here.

It includes CodeWarrior project, you can use those projects, after compile to program the FRDM-KL46Z board.

You can use default on board OpenSDA as debugger tool, if there with problem to program the Flash, you can visit below link and download the latest P&E OpenSDA firmware.

P&E Microcomputer Systems

You could select to use [DEBUG-APP_Pemicro_v108.SDA] or [MSD-DEBUG-FRDM-KL46Z48M_Pemicro_v114.SDA] firmware files to update the FRDM-KL46Z board.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

marcossantos-ee
Contributor II

Thanks man, I'll try Kinetis Design Studio IDE. I hope make it work this time :smileygrin:.

0 Kudos