How can I trim the internal oscillator of MKE02Z64 using JLINK or USBDM?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I trim the internal oscillator of MKE02Z64 using JLINK or USBDM?

carlos_cuevas
Contributor I

Hi, I need to use the MKE02Z64 with the internal oscillator on a board that was made without crystal pins router nor crystal. I need to increase to max speed (20MHz) but it's only possible by settng the internal oscillator to 39.062kHz so that the FLL could do the rest. The problem is that I can't find a way to do it. Sure processor expert allows me to set that frecuency but when testing it's still running at the default speed (16.7Mhz with 32.768Khz internal oscillator). I only have a JLINK and USBDM, How can I do the trimming? Is it possible with this tools?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Carlos,

we debugger, we can set trim value this way:

1. click on "Edit"

Edit.JPG.jpg

2. Click on "Advanced Programming  Options"

ADV.JPG.jpg

you will setting trim setting in "advanced options"

Best Regards.

Jennie

============================================

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct answer " button. thanks!

0 Kudos

carlos_cuevas
Contributor I

Thnks but I don't have a P&E Universal Multilink, I only have a JLINK and USBDM. Do you know how to do it with any of this debuggers?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In professor Erich blog, a similar challenge with the flash block memory pereserve.

he has found a way to do this with modifying the .arp file, see

Preserving Memory Ranges with Eclipse and P&E GDB Server | MCU on Eclipse

I see that the TRIM value is in the .arp file too. I have not tried to change it, but this might be a possible way for you.

Best Regards.

Jennie

this answer is for you. if it helps, please click on "Correct answer " button. thanks!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Carlos,

unfortunately this feature is only integrated in P&E interface. JLINK and USBDM don't include trim feature.

Best Regards.

Jennie

0 Kudos