How can I download a complete KSDK 2.x with examples? The website is only downloading for a board w/o examples. Anything else sends you in a loop.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I download a complete KSDK 2.x with examples? The website is only downloading for a board w/o examples. Anything else sends you in a loop.

apluscw
Contributor I

I believe the KSDK builder website is broken. You can download an SDK for a specific dev board but that doesn't include various examples of how to use the SDK. When you click along other paths you are simply going around in a loop.

I specifically need an example of the SPI/DMA for the K22F family using SDK 2.x

0 Kudos
7 Replies

apluscw
Contributor I

For what it's worth, my own code matches the example as near as I can tell. My suspicion is that because I am using SPI2 as my master, which is one of the SPI's with a shared DMA source (Why, Freescale, Why?) and the example code used SPI0 which is not shared, I need to do something slightly differently than the example. At this point, I am not clear what would be different, but I am crawling through the SDK API call and the data sheet in great detail at this point.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Tharon:

We only provide the latest SDK version download link.

If you need an old version for Frdm-k22, I would suggest you issue a ticket to NXP technical support. It is about 100M, can not attach here.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tharon:

Could you please let me know how to reproduce your issue? I downloaded the latest SDK version 2.4 for Frdm-k22f board, select all components, I can see the dspi edma drivers, please see the blow picture.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

apluscw
Contributor I

Hello, Daniel,

So in regards to your original reply, I think because I was trying to get an earlier SDK 2.0 or 2.1, my efforts fell into a gap on the website. When I just went for the latest SDK using the 144-pin part, I was able to get a download of SDK 2.4 and it did include examples nearly identical to the one I found at github.

Regards,

TH

0 Kudos

apluscw
Contributor I

What I am looking for is example code on how to use the DMA and SPI for the K22F 144 pin 1M device. I already have the full SDK driver code in the existing project, but I need the example code.

I don't know if it is the latest, but I have been moving forward after locating a copy of the K22F-FRDM SDK with all the examples on github. Had to do some homework to map it to the 144 pin device and still working with it.

0 Kudos

apluscw
Contributor I

So I may be getting more concerned, again, that I NEED to find an "official" download.

While I suspect the example code on github surely originated from Freescale/NXP and it has the FSL copyright banners, I am having difficulty getting it to work when ported to my target. I am also concerned that it may not be fully legitimate, proven code. It is supposed to work on a K22F-FRDM board, which shares the sub-family reference manual with one of the two target boards I am working on. When reviewing the DMAMUX sources in Table 3-19 in the appropriate sub-family reference manual, as expected, the SPI1 source is a single TX/RX source, "16U". However, the example shows the slave SPI DMA using "16U" as the RX source, but "17U" as the TX source. They should both be "16U", so I am already seeing something not right with the example I am trying to work from. :smileysad:

#define EXAMPLE_DSPI_SLAVE_DMA_RX_REQUEST_SOURCE 16U
/*
* WOAH! Timeout! SPI1 is a shared source, both RX/TX on 16U according
* to the sub-family reference manual Table 3-19. "17U" is marked
* "Reserved". Is this a good, WORKING example????
*/
#define EXAMPLE_DSPI_SLAVE_DMA_TX_REQUEST_SOURCE 17U

0 Kudos

apluscw
Contributor I
0 Kudos