cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP:Migration from HCS08

abicash
Contributor III

Hello

I have been an HCS08 guy since quite a few years.

My favourite controller is the 5 volt MC9S08MP16 which has got all the capabilities of Motor control and Power conversion.Only drawbacks are an 8-bit core, and that it is an older device and reached maturity.

Key peripherals which i love and use mostly

1)FlexTimer Modules (PWM and i/p pulse measurement)

2)Programmable delay block (measure with ADC at exact intervals)

3)HSCMP (to trigger PDB)

4)ADC

5)RTC

6)MTIM (for house keeping etc)

I now want to migrate to Kinetis.

I looked at E series for its 5v spec. But saw that it doesnt have the PDB block.

V series is good enough but it is a 3v device.

All the information is quite mind boggling for me.

Can someone suggest what i should choose, since i wam about to make this a de-facto standard for all my designs.

In each of my boards i normally have a MCU daughter card plugged , so maybe i will just change this board and all my other main board design remains same.

Please someone comment

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Kinetis product has many branches for dedicated application filed.

Kinetis V family is for mortor control and power conversion, which focus on motor control with many resources (although it's a 3.3V products).

Kinetis E family is for home application products, such as washing machine, which for industry control with higher EMC/ESD requirements.

For customer want to build a platform(mother) board for different motor control application, I would recommend customer to select Kinetis V family chips.

There adds flexible for software and hardware design.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos