cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freemaster build in frdm-k20d50m-demo failed

Jump to solution
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

I am interested in Freemaster in FRDM-K20D50M-DEMO project. After enabling MACRO in source, IAR shows the following build errors by linker.

Error[Li005]: no definition for "FMSTR_Poll" [referenced from E:\OpenSDA\kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\frdm-k20d50m-demo\FLASH_128KB_PFLASH\Obj\frdm-k20d50m-demo.o] 
Error[Li005]: no definition for "FMSTR_InitScope" [referenced from E:\OpenSDA\kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\frdm-k20d50m-demo\FLASH_128KB_PFLASH\Obj\freemaster_protocol.o] 
Error[Li005]: no definition for "FMSTR_InitRec" [referenced from E:\OpenSDA\kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\frdm-k20d50m-demo\FLASH_128KB_PFLASH\Obj\freemaster_protocol.o] 
Error[Li005]: no definition for "FMSTR_InitAppCmds" [referenced from E:\OpenSDA\kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\frdm-k20d50m-demo\FLASH_128KB_PFLASH\Obj\freemaster_protocol.o] 
Error[Li005]: no definition for "FMSTR_InitSerial" [referenced from E:\OpenSDA\kinetis_50MHz_sc\k20d50m_sc_baremetal\build\iar\frdm-k20d50m-demo\FLASH_128KB_PFLASH\Obj\freemaster_protocol.o]

Actually these functions are defined in freemaster.h and freemaster_private.h.

I checked the include path:

$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\src\projects\frdm-k20d50m-demo\fft_test
$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\src\projects\frdm-k20d50m-demo\freemaster
$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\src\projects\frdm-k20d50m-demo\freemaster\common
$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\src\projects\frdm-k20d50m-demo\freemaster\Kxx
$PROJ_DIR$\..\..\..\src\projects\frdm-k20d50m-demo\I2C

I can find two identical freemaster.h under freemaster\common and freemaster\Kxx, and freemaster\common\freemaster_private.h, which are listed in include path.

Why does IAR report that? Or it can not be built with 32KB EV version?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

The frdm-k20d50m-demo has not included the source files listed as following:

common\freemaster_appcmd.c (FMSTR_InitAppCmds)

common\freemaster_rec.c (FMSTR_InitRec)

common\freemaster_scope.c (FMSTR_InitScope)

common\freemaster_serial.c (FMSTR_Poll, FMSTR_InitSerial)

After including these source files, it can be built successfully. So the project actually is not a tested complete FreeMaster application.

Also I found that the existing Freemaster doesn't support POLL over USB-CDC. Only SCI is working. And I am studying the code to find out which serial port is considered as SCI console.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kai_liu
Senior Contributor I

The frdm-k20d50m-demo has not included the source files listed as following:

common\freemaster_appcmd.c (FMSTR_InitAppCmds)

common\freemaster_rec.c (FMSTR_InitRec)

common\freemaster_scope.c (FMSTR_InitScope)

common\freemaster_serial.c (FMSTR_Poll, FMSTR_InitSerial)

After including these source files, it can be built successfully. So the project actually is not a tested complete FreeMaster application.

Also I found that the existing Freemaster doesn't support POLL over USB-CDC. Only SCI is working. And I am studying the code to find out which serial port is considered as SCI console.

0 Kudos