Flashing/debugging TWR-K21F120M

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing/debugging TWR-K21F120M

martis
Contributor II

I am not able to connect to my TWR-K21F120M kit. Previously, I have used it from Kintetis Desing Studio with the built in PNE interface but all of a sudden this does not show pop-up as an option when pressing the Debug Button. 

Here, only OpenOCD and Segger are available.

Trying to use J-trace also gives me an error message, and when trying to connect with J-Flash I get the error message "Kinetis (connect): Communication error while accessing AHB-AP."

How can I connect to my TWR-K21F120M kit again?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Marte, first of all I apologize for the delay, What I understood from your problem is that you dont find the  debug configuration.

1. connect your MCU to your PC.
  2. in the Device Manager check how the computer recognize it for example 
    • in my case  as OSJTAGpastedImage_1.png
  3. then go to KDS  to the debug icon > debug configuration.
    • pastedImage_3.png
  4. In this window please double click on the configuration you have for example my device was recognized as JTAG so ill double click on the Jlink debugging pastedImage_4.png
  5. the browse for your project location. and the application (.elf) to be uploaded to the MCU. on your project folder go to debug folder and when you build it will generate a .elf file with the name of the  project like thispastedImage_5.png
  6. apply and debug or apply and close
  7. now you will have a configuration for your  MCU and you should be able to debug it. 

Please let me know if you have more questions, if this did not solved the problem please give me more information to have a better understanding of your problem.

have a great day !

Jonathan

0 Kudos