FRDM-KW38 Integrating OTAP Client Service to Sample SDK Program - External Flash

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KW38 Integrating OTAP Client Service to Sample SDK Program - External Flash

Vishva
Contributor II

Hi,

I have referred to AN12979 KW-38 Integrating the OTAP Client Service into a Bluetooth LE Peripheral device application note.

I have used Bluetooth/glucose/freertos example from SDK 2_6_12 on top of it integrated OTAP Client service.

Configured to use External Flash Memory.

Followed the steps given in Application note and flashed Bootloader, Otac_att.

Generated s19 Image file from the source code. File size is 247KB.

Using NXP Tool Box -> OTAP -> Connecting to OTAP Service.

Soon after connecting to OTAP service if i try to open the images file (valid) or if i don't do any action after connecting, within few seconds service is getting disconnected automatically.

Upload is always 0% during connected duration.

For pairing i'm using the key 0000.

Please let me know how can i proceed further on this.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Vishva
Contributor II

Hello Mr.Ricardo,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried passkey 0000/1234, As you mentioned trying passkey 999999 might work.

But I'm facing different issues in Flashing the code. Please check the below issue,

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Kinetis-Microcontrollers/KW38-Not-able-to-flash-SDK-bootloader-code-Ver...

Without flashing the bootloader otap code, i cannot proceed further.

Kindly check and let me know how to resolve this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I tried with MCUXpresso and SDK version 2.6.4, and the OTAP process is working.

Can you try it with MCUXpresso? You don't need to modify anything to the bootloader_otap example. Or what error do you have?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Vishva
Contributor II

Hi Mr. Ricardo,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried flashing OTAP Bootloader code using MCUXpresso. No errors.

On top of it i have flashed otap_client_att_freertos code and as you mentioned i have used passkey 999999. Now functionality is working as expected (No disconnection).

FYI, I was trying this Procedure for OTA implementation.

-------

I'm facing issues when i do the same procedure using IAR IDE.

When i used IAR and Flashed Bootloader OTAP code (from SDK example) i got the following error,

Verification error at 0x40d: mem = 0xFF, file = 0xFB. Download completed but verification failed.

After this if i flash any code, bm or RTOS i was getting the following error,

Fatal Error[Pe1696]: cannot open source file "nxp_xcvr_gfsk_bt_0p5_h_0p5_config.h" 

Please check and let me know your comments.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Hope you are doing well. Did you modify the gPasskeyValue_c? If not, the value is 999999. You should use this for pairing.

Can you try it? If it is not working, can you confirm if the Status is "Connected"?

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos