Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL05Z not working,no SWD activity launching debug

diegocolombo
Contributor IV

Hi

please can i have your help?

i unseccessfully tried to use the freedom board FRDM-KL05Z as a tool for programming an external device.

Now i need to use it with it's resident processor, i restored the board as it was,(2 cutted tracks restored) but it does not works at all.

In mass storage mode, i dragged in the "JLink_OpenSDA.sda" file,and ,after plugged once more in the USB , the board appears to the PC  Control panel..->Device Manager->Controller USB, as " J-Link driver".So no doubt that XP is aware of the board.

Then I load a complete example project: "kl05_frdm_demo".Once built i launch debug,;I can choose 2 different options,I choose J-Link/J-Trace for ARM,Ok,launched,,but the progress bar stucks at 61%,and i need to push the red button to stop it.

It is the same behaviour that i have when i launch it with no USB cable.It looks very strange that i'm not warned that USB is unconnected.

If i check on oscilloscope, SWD signals are inactive,as one should expect

Many thanks

Diego

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Diego,

A colleague made a tutorial on how to program different devices with the OpenSDA included in the FRDM-KL25Z. He tried with Cortex-M0+ (KL25 and KL05) and Cortex-M4 (K20 at 50MHz) and it worked. Please note that it works only for programming purpose not for debugging purpose

http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/04/21/using-the-freedom-board-as-jtag-programmer/

I hope this helps :smileywink:

Regards

Sol

diegocolombo
Contributor IV

"Please note that it works only for programming purpose not for debugging purpose"

Thank you for remark it,Soledad.

Unfortunately i discovered that the problem is at PC level,I tried with another PC,the FRDM board works fine.

30 days ago i got a virus,i cleaned it and i used CCLeaner to wipe out the PC,touching the configuration register.

By that day another IDE had the same problem,and now it happens that the debugger engine reaches the 61% and than it hangs,and it does'nt care at all about the presence of USB connection or less.

I reinstalled codewarrior,i reinstalled J-Link drivers,no way.

Please can i have some hints?

Now i try with system configuratione  restore

Thanks

0 Kudos