cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KE04Z

Jump to solution
sidlevingston
Contributor I

I am new to working with ARM processors, but I have worked with MSP430F with IAR IDE for many years. Again, this is new to me so if I am asking a dumb question, be patient. I bought an FRDM-KE04Z board to try and get started. I have found it will sort of do what the documentation says on a Windows 7 system (it will run the ADC example with HyperTerminal, it will not run the preloaded Cap touch or the multicolor LED). But it will not work on Windows 8 or Windows 10. I installed the USB drivers successfully, I plug it in, and the error code starts flashing on the LED, and nothing works.

I like this processor due to its low cost and ADC peripheral. I want to use in in an instrument I am designing, but so far I am stuck at the starting gate.

What I want to do:

Have this work on Windows 10.

Use the KDS IDE on Windows 10. Right now it will not let me select a processor. All the controls are disabled at this step.

Use a Segger J-Link with the SDW interface.

Does anybody out there have any ideas that will help me do this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sid,

Please notice that KDS only supports Windows® 7/8 (32-bit binaries running on 32 and 64-bit OS), so installing it on Windows 10 is not recommended.

Regarding the problem with Windows 8, I think it might be related with the OpenSDA firmware on your board, please take a look to the following post created by a colleague that explains how to fix this issue:

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sid,

Please notice that KDS only supports Windows® 7/8 (32-bit binaries running on 32 and 64-bit OS), so installing it on Windows 10 is not recommended.

Regarding the problem with Windows 8, I think it might be related with the OpenSDA firmware on your board, please take a look to the following post created by a colleague that explains how to fix this issue:

New P&E OpenSDA Firmware v114 | MCU on Eclipse

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
daveboyle
Contributor III

It could be your anti-virus software. Before I switched to Linux for development I had similar problems. The anti-virus code steps in and messes up the low level communication with the board. Try disabling your anti-virus then test it again.

0 Kudos