cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K82F , bootloader device does not appear in win 7

javiersoriano
Contributor II

Dear All,

I bought a couple of these boards. One of them worked correctly  after switching to firmware "JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1_2015-10-13.bin" . I can see the device in the device manager, and can program it via Kinetis Design Studio.

I tried to setup the second board, by starting it as bootloader (RESET button). I was able to see the BOOTLOADER drive, and then I flashed the above-mentioned firmware. However, this time I briefly saw a message stating that the file was too big (or the space was too small?). The device disappears, and I cannot get it to show up again. No BOOTLOADER, no OPENSDA device either.

Ideas from the back of my memory:

a)  While trying to get the first board up and running, I recall having tried to flash a different firmware, as in some site I read that openSDA2.1 would not fit in the memory allocated by the original P&E firmware. Which one did I flash? I do not remember, but it could be one of the following, based on the files that I still have on my disk:

- 04_OpenSDA_FRDM-K82F.bin

- JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin

- OpenSDA_V2_1.bin

Is there a specific order in which the firmware needs to be updated? The board was originally showing as an MBED device.

b) I can program the K82 using J11 and the flashing tool. This seems to be no problem. However, I would like to get the K20 up and running again. I saw in another post that there is a bin file for the K20 that is mounted on the same board. The quesiton is, how to get it in there?

Is there a way to program the K20 without having access to a JTAG debugger? E.g. by programming via the K82, or something else?

Thanks in advance for the help. I hope my that my board is done for :smileysad:

Javier

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javier,

a)  While trying to get the first board up and running, I recall having tried to flash a different firmware, as in some site I read that openSDA2.1 would not fit in the memory allocated by the original P&E firmware. Which one did I flash? I do not remember, but it could be one of the following, based on the files that I still have on my disk:

- 04_OpenSDA_FRDM-K82F.bin

- JLink_OpenSDA_V2_1.bin

- OpenSDA_V2_1.bin

-- I've try all those firmware, they all can makes the OpenSDA compatible to J-Link lite.  And I've attached all those firmware.

b) I can program the K82 using J11 and the flashing tool. This seems to be no problem. However, I would like to get the K20 up and running again. I saw in another post that there is a bin file for the K20 that is mounted on the same board. The quesiton is, how to get it in there?

-- Of course, you can program the K82 directly through the J9, and the J19 is for the K20.

You can learn the more information from the thread.

OpenSDAv2
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

javiersoriano
Contributor II

Hi Ping,

Thank you for the reply and the files. I am assuming that you got all of these working by copying the file into the device that is mounted as a USB drive (BOOTLOADER)? My problem is that I cannot see that device anymore.

When you mention J9, and J19, I assume also that you mean they can be programmed via JTAG. At the moment I do not have access to one, I will look around to find out which model I need to do so. (Any pointers are appreciated)

Cheers,

Javier

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Javier,

Yes, as the thread OpenSDAv2 states, the OpenSDA 2.0 & 2.1 both are open source, so the K82 and K20 both can be programmed and the JTAG or SWD interface mode both are available.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos