cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K64F cannot download stable from MCUxpresso

Jump to solution
niz
Contributor III

I cannot download the SDK examples from MCUXpresso to the FRDM-K64F evaluation board consistently, I need to plug in and out the USB several times to make it go through. 

I always have the following error: 

niz_0-1661871389634.png

The red LED is always on near the green LED when the issue happens. 

I just use the SDK example and debug from the MCUXpresso, nothing else. 

Could somebody suggest what might happen here? 

Thanks a lot for your help 

Ni 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @niz

It might be that the middleware in your board is outdated. Please look through this guide and update the OpenSDA version;

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/sensor-toolbox-sensor-development-ecosystem...

After this, try installing the SDK again onto your board. If this doesn't work, please tell me to search alternatives.

Best regards, Julian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
niz
Contributor III

Thanks for the info

It works. 

Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @niz

It might be that the middleware in your board is outdated. Please look through this guide and update the OpenSDA version;

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/sensor-toolbox-sensor-development-ecosystem...

After this, try installing the SDK again onto your board. If this doesn't work, please tell me to search alternatives.

Best regards, Julian

niz
Contributor III

Hello Julian 

I got another FREEDOM64F board, and after doing the same updating the SDK process, my PC can detect the FRDM_K64FD in the Portable Devices, however, the red light is always on and the MCUXpresso cannot detect the SWD, is there any way to take care of that issue? 

Thanks a lot for your help 

0 Kudos
Julián_AragónM
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @niz,

The constant red LED means your boards is constantly resetting. Here is a similar case you can consult for the solution: Solved: New FRDM-K64F resets after 30 seconds - NXP Community

Hope it helps!

Best regards, Julian

0 Kudos