cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K22F Sensor Initialization Failed

Jump to solution
xhr1s
Contributor II

Hello, I have a FRDM-K22F board fresh out of the box. When flashing and running the SDK examples with the IMU (i.e. digital compass, bubble meter), the program runs but once it is unpaused, there is an error: Sensor initialization failed.

I haven’t changed any code, just imported the sdk example, flashed it, and ran it. What could be causing this? I have two FRDM-K22F boards and both of them have the same error. Any tips?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
xhr1s
Contributor II

We were unable to figure out the problem and ultimately gave up on trying to use the IMU, after three months of tests. Either all the 4 different boards we ordered were faulty, or the software was faulty... we don't know. We just switched to a different board since this one did not make life easy for us

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @xhr1s,

Thank you so much for your interest in our products and for using our community.

Are you referring to the SDK examples frdmk22f_ecompass_peripheral and frdmk22f_bubble_peripheral?

I just tested them and they work fine following their respective instructions in the readme.txt with the SDK version 2.12.0.

Could you confirm if you are using said SDK version. I also recommend upgrading to the latest version of the IDE.

Hope it helps you. Please let me know if you have more questions about it.

Have a nice day

Best regards,
Leonardo

0 Kudos
xhr1s
Contributor II

Yes, I'm referring to the two ecompass_peripheral and bubble_peripheral examples.

This is my SDK version, and it seems to be the latest.

xhr1s_0-1670502652270.png

Also tried downloading a new one from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/dashboard?uvid=474476&to_vault=true but I get the same error. I also have the latest version of MCUExpresso IDE.

This is the error I get. I receive nothing else, no issues with the code...

xhr1s_1-1670503037905.png

Any insights on how to solve this?

0 Kudos
_Leo_
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Does any other example work for you? Because we have checked the IDE, the SDK and they are correct, and I repeat, they work for me. What occurs to me is that you make sure that your board and your cable are in good condition, also can you try others please? 

0 Kudos
Harsh8762
Contributor I
For me also its not working
0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

can you check if the sensor is populated on your board?

0 Kudos
Harsh8762
Contributor I

Hii!

Thanks for the Reply

I am using FRDM K32L2B3 Development board. Its comes with the on-board Accelometer FXOS8700CQ

I just flashed the driver code (demo_apps->bubble).This has to give Accelometer values in console. But I am facing error showing "Sensor Device not initialized" .

If you have any inputs or suggestion in debugging/Improving code I will be happy to work on this.

Thanks in advance.

K32L2 

Harsh8762_2-1694080029635.png

0 Kudos
ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

This thread is about the FRDM-K22F. Not about the board you mention (FRDM-K32L2B2), which I'm not familiar with. I suggest you open up a new thread.

0 Kudos
xhr1s
Contributor II

All other demo examples work. Three different cables and still the same error (two were from the actual boxes with the boards, one other standalone cable). I tried the other FRDM-K22F board we bought at the same time, but still the same error. I tried debugging the code from the demo example and following from:

result = FXOS_Init(&fxosHandle, &config);

somewhere in FXOS_INIT the result is assigned kStatus_fail but I'm still debugging and haven't figured out where that happens. I'll get back with more info once I figure out the exact error occurence, is there any other info that would be useful for debugging that I can provide you with?

0 Kudos
xhr1s
Contributor II

We were unable to figure out the problem and ultimately gave up on trying to use the IMU, after three months of tests. Either all the 4 different boards we ordered were faulty, or the software was faulty... we don't know. We just switched to a different board since this one did not make life easy for us

0 Kudos
Harsh8762
Contributor I

I am also facing the same issue

"sensor initialization failed" can you help me with this.

0 Kudos