Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in debug on laptop

Jump to solution
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello,

I am getting the following error while launching a simple debug for my FRDM-K64F board.

pastedImage_0.jpg

Please help as to what might be the problem. It works on my PC, but gives the error above in my laptop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pratiek,

please use attached JLink firmware for debug which work well on my side.

If you like to use OpenOCD, please refer this url:

OpenOCD/CMSIS-DAP Debugging with Eclipse and without an IDE | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pratiek.

the error shows you connect board with OpenOCD interface,

by default, FRDM-K64F board use OpenSDA or  JLINK interface.

please

1. connect board to your PC

2. check in device manager what interface it is recognized.

3. connect the board with the correct interface.

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello ZhangJennie,

It also shows a problem with the mbed device. When I go to device properties in device manager(right click>Properties),

it shows the following message in the device status dialog 'This device cannot start (Code10)'

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pratiek,

please use attached JLink firmware for debug which work well on my side.

If you like to use OpenOCD, please refer this url:

OpenOCD/CMSIS-DAP Debugging with Eclipse and without an IDE | MCU on Eclipse

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Alright ZhangJennie I will try out your solution and let you know about the result hope this works.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

can JLink_OpenSDA_V2.bin work for you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it works. Thank You

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Hello ZhangJennie,

Device manager shows it as an mbed composite device. Screenshot below-

pastedImage_0.jpg

But in the KDS2.0.0 user guide it is written that for mbed enabled programs we must use the OpenOCD interface. And I had used t also for another program previously. But somehow this time it is not working

0 Kudos
pratiekbhadrana
Contributor III

Sorry this post was previuosly in the CodeWarrior section.........

0 Kudos