Cannot write in I2C register FRDM-MKL43Z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot write in I2C register FRDM-MKL43Z

grec_mihai96
Contributor I

Hello, I am trying to make a small driver for the I2C communication for better undersanding how everything works here and to get used to working with the registers. All I am trying to do by now is to enable the ports for the I2C comm, enable the clock and enable I2C module operation and I2C Interrupt enable in I2C Control Register 1. My code is:

I2C_Type* i2c[] = I2C_BASE_PTRS;//defined in MKL43Z4.h as 2 pointers who point at the corresponding addresses

CLOCK_EnableClock(kCLOCK_PortE);//using PORTE PINS 24, 25 for I2C0

PORT_SetPinMux(PORTE, 24U, kPORT_MuxAlt5);
  PORT_SetPinMux(PORTE, 25U, kPORT_MuxAlt5);
  SIM->SCGC4 |= 1u << 6u;//enable the clock gate to the I2C0 module

i2c[0]->C1 = 1u << 7u | 1u << 6u;//I2C0 Control Register

When I debug this code, it goes past the writing in SIM->SCGC4 register, but when I arrive at the last line, it takes me at "startup_MKL43Z4.S" file at line 209, where is the following code:

HardFault_Handler:

ldr r0,=HardFault_Handler
bx r0
.size HardFault_Handler, . - HardFault_Handler

.align 1
.thumb_func
.weak SVC_Handler
.type SVC_Handler, %function

Codewise I don't think that I do something wrong, I believe that probably it's some settings or initializations that I didn't take in considerations. Thanks in advance and have a nice day everyone!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please try the code show below:

I2C0->C1 |= I2C_C1_IICEN_MASK|I2C_C1_IICIE_MASK;

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos