Can a silicon oscillator be used in place of the fast crystal oscillator for the MK61FN1M0CAA12R?

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Can a silicon oscillator be used in place of the fast crystal oscillator for the MK61FN1M0CAA12R?

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,179件の閲覧回数
yooyoo
Contributor II

Looking over the datasheet for the MK61FN1M0CAA12R, I wasn't able to find a required accuracy for the fast (3 to 32MHz) crystal oscillator.  Would someone at Freescale be able to confirm whether or not it would be possible to swap in a silicon oscillator (such as the MAX7393) in place of this crystal?  Thank you very much!

ラベル(1)
1 解決策
953件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'd like to suggest that you can refer to the attachment.

In the attachment, a external crystal oscillator feeds 50MHz clock to the MCU.

Have a great!

Best regards,

Ping

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5 返答(返信)
953件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Of course, It can works with the MAX7393.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
953件の閲覧回数
yooyoo
Contributor II

Thank you jeremyzhou​.  Were you able to confirm the two components work together on an actual board?

Did you encounter any issues with implementation of the new circuit?

0 件の賞賛
953件の閲覧回数
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

One thing to be wary of:

In the absence of outside 'reset' control, the Kinetis CPUs will begin internal operations at 1.7V.  An external oscillator device may NOT be 'up and stable' until a 'much higher' voltage.  In these situations you need to know about your Vdd risetime and oscillator startup time, and wait to switch-over to that clock source until the input is 'known to be stable'.  I run my FLASH-checksum algorithm while I wait...takes about 10ms with default clocks.

954件の閲覧回数
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I'd like to suggest that you can refer to the attachment.

In the attachment, a external crystal oscillator feeds 50MHz clock to the MCU.

Have a great!

Best regards,

Ping

953件の閲覧回数
yooyoo
Contributor II

Thank you very much, that is very useful information.  Have a great day too!

0 件の賞賛