Are NVIC_ICPR and NVIC_ISER still needed to enable interrupts?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are NVIC_ICPR and NVIC_ISER still needed to enable interrupts?

Jump to solution
spchang2000
Contributor I

I am using a KEA128 uC with Cyclone FX debugger.  I was able to configure RTC and saw RTC_CNT kept running.  RTC_SC_RTIF flag also got set periodically.  However, RTC_IRQHandler() never got called. I found a RTC example from TRK-KEA128_LABTS5/ where it has a routine called Enable_Interrupt() and NVIC_ICPR and NVIC_ISER are set accordingly.  Is this enabling routine still required?  Since, both of them are no longer defined in SKEAZ1284.h coming with the lastest S32 Design Studio for ARM.  Please advise.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shangpin,

Please download the FRDM-KEAZ Freedom Evaluation Board – QSP (REV 8 ) .
Sample project.jpg

Then refer the FRDM_KEA128_RTC example. NVIC_ISER is needed to enable interrupt.

FRDM_KEA128_RTC.jpg

Best Regards,
Robin
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shangpin,

Please download the FRDM-KEAZ Freedom Evaluation Board – QSP (REV 8 ) .
Sample project.jpg

Then refer the FRDM_KEA128_RTC example. NVIC_ISER is needed to enable interrupt.

FRDM_KEA128_RTC.jpg

Best Regards,
Robin
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

spchang2000
Contributor I

Exactly the answer I was looking for!  Thanks for the pointer to the up-to-date example code. They are very helpful.

0 Kudos