Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to the upper 512 kilo bytes of flash of the Kinetis K70

Jump to solution
ClausStovgaard
Contributor III

Hi all

I am trying to use the full 1 megabyte flash of the Kinetis K70 PK70FN1M0VMJ12 (The K70 tower module)

As the 1M in the name indicates this device has 4 blocks of program flash, and no FlexNVM or FlexRAM. This is split in two address ranges – 0x0000_0000 to 0x0007_FFFF and 0x0008_0000 to 0x000F_FFFF. Seen from my JTAG probe it is two C90TFS flash areas each consisting of 2 blocks. I can program the first area, but can’t get the second area programmed.

Looking at the Flash configuration field description, it contains a 16-byte flash configuration field. I would like to know if this repeated on the second flash area. So beside 0x040C for the flash security byte, is the second area also containing a flash security byte on 0x8_040C?

Ideal I would like to use the section from 0x3FF (after the reserved area) to 0xF_FFFF in a continuous flash area. It is much easier to link the code together, for one continuous section.

So please give me some advice? How can I use the second flash area of the K70?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ClausStovgaard
Contributor III

Hi all

I found the solution. It was the tool I used, which did not have a flash geometry for more than 512 kb.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ClausStovgaard
Contributor III

Hi all

I found the solution. It was the tool I used, which did not have a flash geometry for more than 512 kb.

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos