cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About WATCHDOG on K22F512

didierjeanjean
Contributor III

Hello,

Please can you help me to find solution about my 2 questions.

I work on K22FN512 

On KDS3.2.0 and MCUXpresso V11.01

1) In the documentation MK22FN512VLH12 K22P121M120SF8ReferenceManual.pdf 

Document Number: K22P121M120SF8RM Rev. 4, 08/2016 

At page 520 i can read :

CLKSRC
Selects clock source for the WDOG timer and other internal timing operations.
0 WDOG clock sourced from LPO .
1 WDOG clock sourced from alternate clock source.

What Clock is this "alternate clock source" ? this desciption is not accurate to be used.

2) I have loaded the "freedom bootloader"  example in MCUXpresso

and In the MCUXpresso driver (directory driver) i find some drivers but not the watchdog driver (fsl_wdog;c , fsl_wdog.h)  like i find in the KDS3.2.0 driver directory.

In the SDK of KDS3.2.0 all the drivers is present but in MCUXpresso it seem to me that only the SDK driver used by the example is present.

Thank to  you by advance to help me.

Best regards

2 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) What Clock is this "alternate clock source" ? this desciption is not accurate to be used.

The alternate clock source information will be found in chapter 5. The table in section 5.7 of the reference manual describes the two options for the watchdog timer: Bus Clock or LPO.

pastedImage_1.png2) The examples for MCUXpresso are slightly different from how the configurations were in KDS. In MCUXpresso the drivers for watchdog are fsl_wdog.c/.h. Here you can find the APIs for the configuration and usage of the same. Can you please elaborate what it is you are looking for as to the watchdog drivers?

Best Regards,

Sabina

didierjeanjean
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

Thank you very much for the informations.

For the watchdog driver in MCUXpresso i imported the wartchdog example  and compare the example file wdog.c  and with the same file in KDS3.2.0 and there are exactly the same. The use of the driver has no changed from the  KDS3.2.0 and this is a good new.

I need watchdog driver to implement watchdog control in the bootloader to completely secure our application. 

Because i found that bootloader giving by NXP is not securised by watchdog. 

Thank you very much Sabina and best regards from France.

Didier JEANJEAN

0 Kudos