cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Aware Debugging Not Showing Anything in KDS

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Hello,

I am working on MK61FX512 controller with MQX as RTOS. My development environment is Kinetis Design Studio. I am running my code from DRAM memory. And I am using Segger Jlink debugger.

Issue I am facing here, whenever I am using MQX Task Aware Debugging Tools. It is not showing anything. I have TAD version 1.0.9.201508111009.

Here I have seen, my system is having around 10 tasks, when system is in Roottask(The basic one). I am able to get data for mqx_idle_task and Roottask. But when system progresses. same windows not showing anything whenever I halt debugging.

I am attaching two images for reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Prashant Tawde

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

what's your KDS version, please make sure you have the related MQX RTOS plugin installed.

pastedImage_0.png

MQX Task List is only valid when the program suspend.

resume the debug session and then suspend it again to initialize MQX RTOS structures is needed by MQX RTOS TAD.

this information is documented in

http://cache.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/KSDKGSKDSUG.pdf?fsrch=1

page 13.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

prashanttawde
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

As mentioned I have KDS version: 1.0.9.201508111009 and it is installed properly because whenever I am selecting what you mentioned in attached image. It shows plugging is updated.

Also I am doing same steps you mentioned. Whenever I suspended program , sometimes it show entire data and sometimes it is not.

Regards,

Prashant Tawde

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hello Prashant Tawde,

do you have windows admin right? please make sure you have this right thus you can use KDS normally.

I ever have a customer have similar problem as yours and he solved the problem by reinstall SW

- uninstall KDS install from windows control panel, programs
- remove the remained install folder.

then make you install KDS and update with admin right.

run KDS win admin right with CREATING A NEW WORKSPACE.

if the problem persists, please upload your demo code and mention how to reproduce your problem step by step.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos