Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting project

Jump to solution
kyizawwin
Contributor II

Hi Guys,

I am not sure anyone asked about this. I am a newbie to KDS and just wondering how you guys port one project to another? E.g. I had LED_Blink project and I need to move on to next project Blink_advance which will not be same as LED_Blink but I want to have same setting and PE components. Otherwise, I have to re-configure all PE components.

How you guy handle such situation?

Thanks,

Bryan

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryan,

Processor Expert makes it easy to port to a new project: what I do is this:

a) create a new project for the new device with File > New > Kinetis Project in Eclipse with Processor Expert enabled

b) Copy the components from the first project to the new one.

See Copy of Processor Expert Components | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bryan,

Processor Expert makes it easy to port to a new project: what I do is this:

a) create a new project for the new device with File > New > Kinetis Project in Eclipse with Processor Expert enabled

b) Copy the components from the first project to the new one.

See Copy of Processor Expert Components | MCU on Eclipse

I hope this helps,

Erich

kyizawwin
Contributor II

Hi Erich,

Another strange problem after I copied  PE components. I am using Freedom board KL05Z. I already had working code based on your accelerometer examples code (Thanks for your code). Then I created another project and copied PE components but somehow I2C code is not working at all. I could blink LED. When I debug it showed that the failure at following routine. I used same board for both projects. This is really cracking my head.

/* Send I2C address plus register address to the I2C bus *without* a stop condition */

res = CI2C1_MasterSendBlock(deviceData.handle, &addr, 1U, LDD_I2C_NO_SEND_STOP);

if (res!=ERR_OK) {

return ERR_FAILED;

}

Thanks,

Bryan

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You need to check/debug why CI2C1_MasterSendBlock() returns an error code.

Erich

0 Kudos
kyizawwin
Contributor II

Thanks, Erich!

I tried that. Surprisingly, I could not get I2C right at first. So, I tried all sorts of things. Next day, the same code set is working again.

Bryan

0 Kudos