Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to SDK2

Jump to solution
agor53
Contributor II

Hi

Existing project was created with using Processor Expert and  SDK 1.3 for IAR.

According to 'Kinetis SDK 2.0 Transition Guide' (3.8 Migrating a KSDK 1.3 project to Kinetis SDK 2.0), after creating of the new SDK2 project it's needed to 'copy the existing application code into this new project'.

What mins 'application code' particularly? What folders and files and where it's needed to copy? Only 'sourse' folder?

And what of 'Processor Expert' files it's needed to copy?

Thanks in advance,

Andrey

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrey,

In the DOC, this words "and then copy in the existing application code into this new project."

meaning only copy the code you write , do not need copy the KSDK drivers.

While i just have a test to migration one  KSDK1.3 hello_world demo to KSDK2.0,

it not only simple copy the application code or file to the new project, we need change some place.

For example , some header file name are different,  in the KSDK1.3 : "fsl_lptmr_driver.h", in the KSDK2.0 : "fsl_lptmr.h"

Also some macro define also different.

So i recommend you can first create one simple project on ksdk2.0, for one hand , you can refer to your old project

to write your new application. Or you can copy the application code into your new project , then refer the the KSDK1.3 and 2.0 to change the

different names of your code.

And another point , there is no PE on KSDK2.0 , the code on KSDK1.3+PE is the same with KSDK1.3 without PE.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrey,

In the DOC, this words "and then copy in the existing application code into this new project."

meaning only copy the code you write , do not need copy the KSDK drivers.

While i just have a test to migration one  KSDK1.3 hello_world demo to KSDK2.0,

it not only simple copy the application code or file to the new project, we need change some place.

For example , some header file name are different,  in the KSDK1.3 : "fsl_lptmr_driver.h", in the KSDK2.0 : "fsl_lptmr.h"

Also some macro define also different.

So i recommend you can first create one simple project on ksdk2.0, for one hand , you can refer to your old project

to write your new application. Or you can copy the application code into your new project , then refer the the KSDK1.3 and 2.0 to change the

different names of your code.

And another point , there is no PE on KSDK2.0 , the code on KSDK1.3+PE is the same with KSDK1.3 without PE.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

agor53
Contributor II

Hi, Alice

Thanks for your detailed answer, I will try, and I hope it will be enouth.

Andrey

0 Kudos