KDS with GDB debugger - View expressions in real time view

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS with GDB debugger - View expressions in real time view

info27
Contributor I

I am using KDS V3.2.0 for Kinetis K64 and would like to view expressions in real time without defining breakpoints or watchpoints to prevent stopping the program. In an old ticket there was an article about CodeWarrior but nothing regarding KDS. Is there a possibility for KDS available now?

Many thanks in advance.

Thomas Grebenz

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

no, this is not possible in KDS. But I'm using the approach descibed in https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/07/14/automatic-variable-expression-and-memory-display-with-gdb-and-ec... .

The other thing I'm using in addition to this (if you have a Segger probe) is the J-Scope (see SEGGER - The Embedded Experts - J-Scope )

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

info27
Contributor I

Hi Erich,

sorry for my late response. Thanks a lot - I'm using the J-Scope and it works - not perfect but it works.

To get it more "comfortable" in KDS, the integrated "real time view" as known from other IDEs would be very helpful in terms of handling since the J-Sopce solution has some restrictions and has to be handled separately. Is the integration of "real time view" planned and do you know a rough schedule?

Many thanks in advance,

Thomas

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

in case you have missed it or are not following the McuOnEclipse blog: P&E has released a plugin for KDS and Eclipse/GDB which implements this 'real time view' :-):

P&E ARM Cortex-M Debugging with FreeRTOS Thread Awareness and Real Time Expressions for GDB and Ecli... 

Erich

0 Kudos