KDE 3.0 set/remove breakpoint not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDE 3.0 set/remove breakpoint not working

eyaldoron
Contributor II

I'm developing a project for the KL25 using KDS 3.0.0.and  Segger probe. I'm unable to properly set and clear breakpoints. Specifically:

• After compilation and download, I can set a breakpoint;
  • If I now remove the breakpoint, I can't set another one. To be more precise, I can set it, and it appears in the list of breakpoints, but as a blue circle without a check mark. This breakpoint is now inactive and does not get invoked.
  • In addition, the gdb tool console shows an insertion of a breakpoint into the code at the end of the SetOperationMode routine of CPU.c. This breakpoint does not appear in the list of breakpoints, and was moreover not requested.

Effectively, this means that, for me, KDS 3.0.0 can't debug. What does this mean? Is there some debug configuration parameter that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Eyal Doron

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi

please try:

0. go to menu "project", "clean..." to remove the unwanted association. then build project agian.

1. make sure you didn't select "Skip all breakpoints" button.

2. remove all breakpoints in "Breakpoints" , then add new one.

46813_46813.pngpastedImage_0.png

can this help you?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eyal,

strange, I have not seen something like this. Is there anything special with your setup/machine?

Maybe you could turn on GDB traces (Window > Preferences), and maybe this gives a clue what is going wrong?

pastedImage_0.png

the other thought I have is that you might try your project in a new workspace to see if this helps?

Erich

0 Kudos

eyaldoron
Contributor II

Hello Erich,

I found it! Its truly strange. In the debugger configuration options, I previously cleared the checkbox that inserted a temporary breakpoint at the beginning of the program. This apparently caused all the problems. When I reinstated the check, everything returned to normal.

By the way, the “Debug” view was also seriously off, sometimes not showing anything but the first line. With the check box selected, it also returned to normal.

Thanks,

Eyal

0 Kudos

michaeltessier
Contributor I

I had a similar issue. Once the program was started, I was not able to pause the execution, nor stopping the program by adding a breakpoint. In my case, changing the gdb-debug settings solved the issue. Looks like a bad settings that is reset when you edit the debug settings.

In my case, uncheck the "stop on startup at" solved my problem. I was Inspired by your last post...

Capture.PNG

Michael

0 Kudos