I want to add a named link section (like .applicationTrims), do I just edit the link script?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add a named link section (like .applicationTrims), do I just edit the link script?

charliewilson
Contributor I

How does the 'default' link script get created? How would I maintain my named sections?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Charlie,

Do you mean KDS Linker File *.ld? If yes, we don't encourage user create it by oneself from scratch manually. Normally this file is created when we create a new project with wizard, then we can find the file under the new created project folder.

Or,

if you don't want create a project, we can also find .ld file under {KDS install}\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config\PE\CPE\wizard_data\wizards\kds\{your chip part number}\Source\Templates\gcc

If you want to create a customized section, basically you need:

- define it in ld file.

- use key word __attribute__ to declare it in c file.

for more information,see

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-104433 

Chapter 4

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

charliewilson
Contributor I

Many thanks for your response, much appreciated.

I am a consultant to a customer who is using the KDS tool-chain. There is no desire to build a link file from ‘scratch’. Actually, they did say, they are very much trying to avoid that.

They are used to working with locally named link-sections. This is a new customer for me, I believe they were using CPU-32 for many years. My understanding is that they have not updated low-level tools for some years. This is their effort to join the rest of the world by getting to ‘arm’ platforms.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Could you take a screenshot about the "link script" you said, for i don't know which script you said.

Also please where you want to put ".applicationTrims", thank !

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

charliewilson
Contributor I

Greetings, and thanks for the response.

Some background:

I am consulting on a project already in process. So, the project had been created by the customer. (I used ‘create from existing project’ under the “import” pop-up in KDS).

So, I’m trying to understand how to let them know what will be involved as they move forward. For instance, do they need to send a note out(you need to update your ‘flash.ld’ file)? Or is there some method to add sections into the KDS tool-chain?

This seemed a little awkward to send as screen-shots (I can do it if you want), so I am including this PDF file. I hope this helps.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos