How to use UART_2 on K22F Board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use UART_2 on K22F Board?

randalford
Contributor II

I wish to connect a serial device (WIFI Module) to the K22F board. If I am reading the schematic correctly, my best option is to use UART_2 on the J3 port. I cannot find any documentation or examples that do not use "mbed.h" and that file is not available. I am using Kinetis Design Studio Version: 3.2.0. I want to be able to still use the Debug UART as that is working properly.

What are my options for connecting an external module? Is there a way to add "mbed.h" to KDS? Links to applicable documentation is appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randal,

Do your meaning the FRDM-K22F board  or TWR-K22 board?

Yes, you can use the UART2.

And about the mbed.h ,do you want to use mebd or do not want ? And on KDS, we can

not sue it .

If i misunderstand you , please tell me .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

randalford
Contributor II

FRDM-K22F board.

I am trying Kinetis Design Studio Version: 3.2.0 for now, but can use something different if I have to.

I want to find a development system that provides ALL peripheral drivers for the MK22fN512VLH2.

I found some examples that used mbed.h. I do not know anything about it.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randal,

Ok, on KDS v3.2, you can install the SDK_2.0_FRDM-K22F , it include all of the drives and some demo code :

pastedImage_0.png

About how to download and install it , there is a DOC guide for step by step :

Using Kinetis Design Studio v3.x with Kinetis SDK v2.0

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos