How to resolve "NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve "NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED"?

thomasedel
Contributor III

In new installs of KDS 3.1 or 3.2, when initiating debug mode for an existing project, I get a warning at the end as follows:

"WARNING - NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED TO RUN!!!

TO MODIFY THE RESET SCRIPT SETTINGS, USE THE FOLLOWING MENU OPTION:

CONFIGURATION -> AUTOMATED SCRIPT OPTIONS"

This warning seems to be associated with the debug mode not operating properly.  I can't find where the "reset script settings" are configured (the menu option "CONFIGURATION -> AUTOMATED SCRIPT OPTIONS" does not appear to exist). Please comment how to resolve that warning.  Thanks in advance.

-Thomas

Labels (1)
9 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

P&E confirmed that this message about RESET SCRIPT is not intentional and has no impact. So this should not create any problems.

And yes, you can use the UART for your own purpose: debugging is through SWD/JTAG, not UART.

Erich

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thomas,

To investigate the problem efficiently, can you please upload the screenshots of the error messages?

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

thomasedel
Contributor III

Greetings Jennie:

Thanks for your help with this.  Per your request, I have attached a screenshot.  The screenshot is after the target is run after it automatically stopped at the preset breakpoint at the beginning of the program.  The "WARNING - NO RESET SCRIPT FILE ..." note at the bottom was present at the preset breakpoint (at the beginning of the debug session).

-Thomas

2016-04-12-Screenshot.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas,

as notted, that warning comes from the latest P&E GDB server implementation. I don't know how to disable that warning (I have asked them). I do have that warning too, but on my side it does not affect operation: I can debug the FRDM-KL03Z and KDS V3.2.0.

Here is my startup log:

Connection from "127.0.0.1" via 127.0.0.1

Copyright 2012 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.

Command Line :C:\nxp\KDS_3.2.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.4.1.201603202153\win32\pegdbserver_console -device=NXP_KL0x_KL03Z32M4 -startserver -singlesession -serverport=7224 -interface=USBMULTILINK -speed=5000 -port= -configfile=C:/tm

CMD>RE

Initializing.

Target has been RESET and is active.

CMD>CM C:\nxp\KDS_3.2.0\eclipse\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_2.4.1.201603202153\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\KL0x\freescale_kl03z32m4_1x32x8k_pflash.arp

Initializing.

Initialized.

;version 1.02, 02/13/2014, Copyright 2014 P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. www.pemicro.com [kl_03z32k_n_pflash_m0]

;device freescale, kl03z32m4, 1x32x8k, desc=pflash

;begin_cs device=$00000000, length=$00008000, ram=$20000000

Loading programming algorithm ...

Done.

CMD>EM

Erasing.

Module has been erased.

Reloading programming algorithm ...

done.

CMD>PM

Programming.

Processing Object File Data ...

Programmed.

CMD>VC

Verifying object file CRC-16 to device ranges ...

block 00000000-000000BF ...

Ok.

block 00000400-0000070F ...

Ok.

Checksum Verification Successful. (Cumulative CRC-16=$D75F)

CMD>RE

Initializing.

Target has been RESET and is active.

WARNING - NO RESET SCRIPT FILE HAS BEEN CONFIGURED TO RUN!!!

TO MODIFY THE RESET SCRIPT SETTINGS, USE THE FOLLOWING MENU OPTION:

CONFIGURATION -> AUTOMATED SCRIPT OPTIONS

Preset breakpoint encountered.

Erich

0 Kudos

thomasedel
Contributor III

Greetings Erich:

Thanks for the info.  For now, I think I am content running with KDS 3.1 and PEMicro 11.1.1.   That combination works presently for me; I don't want to risk breaking it with more changes.

One more piece of info:  I did repurpose the UART pins on the KL03 chip (on the FRDM-KL03 board).  Perhaps that is causing a problem with newer PE Micro driver software?  I don't think a UART connection to the chip should be necessary for normal debugging.

While my question hasn't been fully answered, maybe we should call it good-enough for now.

Thanks for your help.

-Thomas

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thanks for the reply.

is this problem in one specific project or a common issue for all project? if you create a new project with wizard in a new workspace, the problem is the same?

the default firmware application is P&E Micro v114, how it works if you update the FRDM-KL03Z  P&E  opensda firmware application to the latest v118? see attached.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

thomasedel
Contributor III

Greetings Jennie:

Thanks for the info.  For now I can run with KDS 3.1 and PE Micro 11.1.1 driver, and PE Micro v114 firmware.  If I have further problems, I'll try the PE Micro v118 firmware.

Thanks for your help.

-Thomas

0 Kudos

thomasedel
Contributor III

After doing some more comparisons and re-installations, it appears that the problem lies with the P&E Micro debug driver version.  Only the version 11.1.1 driver originally supplied with the KDS 3.0.0 software appears to work for my application.  The version 11.7.0 version driver (downloaded last August from P&E Micro) and the 12.3.0 version (supplied with KDS 3.2, or available from P&E Micro) apparently do NOT work with my application.

I would appreciate any help regarding how to make the new 12.3.0 driver work, as the previous 11.* versions apparently are not compatible with Windows 10, and it would be nice to be able to install and use the latest KDS software.

-Thomas

0 Kudos

thomasedel
Contributor III

Some more information which may be helpful:  I am using the P&E Micro debug interface, and I suspect the problem lies with the new 12.3.0 P&E driver (I don't seem to have the problem with the P&E 11.1.1 driver).  I am trying to connect to a KL03Z32M4 MCU on a modified FRDM-KL03Z board.  I am trying to migrate to the new KDS 3.2 software, and hopefully use it on a Windows 10 computer (though the problem appears to be the same on Windows 7 with the newer P&E driver that is supposed to work with Windows 10).

Again, thanks in advance for any help with this.

-Thomas

0 Kudos