cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FW does not run without SW1 reset after PowerOn

johnwolfe
Contributor II

Hello,

I am relatively new with KDS.  I have an application created for the FRDM-K64F board which works fine and I am able to debug. The application also runs stand-alone by just powering via the PC USB cable, or I can also power the FRMD-K64F externally via a power supply (no USB connected).  However when the board is cold powered, the FW does not immediately run. Instead I need to push the SW1 but (reset) in order to get the FW to run.  What am I doing wrong?   If I remove power and re-apply power fairly quickly, the FW will start running (as I can see LED blinks as part of my FW init code).   I am using KDS ver 1.1.1, and the SEGGER J-Link debugger (OpenSDA_V2).  I build all the projects in Release mode (Int Flash Release).  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, John

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
2 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello John:

This sounds like the issue about FRDM-K64F entering in EZPORT mode. For details and a solution please read the discussion in the next thread:

Re: FRDM-K64F booting issue when powered from USB port

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

johnwolfe
Contributor II

Thanks very much Jorge for the tip.  Also thanks to Derek Snell who was able to provide me a quick work around via the MQX files. This was indeed the problem.   In summary I was able to disable the EzPort mode by changing the appropriate flash configuration register setting in the MQX file vector.c. Specifically by changing the CONFIG_4 macro from $0xFFFFFFFE to FFFFFDFE.

Thanks again to all.

John Wolfe

Carmel, Indiana

0 Kudos