Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eclipse Update install problem

Jump to solution
tivadar
Contributor II

Hello!

I just installed KDS v1.1 and KSDK v1.0. I would like to install the Eclipse Update for KSDK v1.0 too, but during the install i get the following error:

"An error occurred while installing the items session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.somniumtech.kds.feature.group 1.1.0.201407291534, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.CopyAction). I/O Error while copying features/com.somniumtech.kds/toolchains.prefs - see details. Source: features/com.somniumtech.kds/toolchains.prefsdoes not exists".

What could be the problem? I am on Ubuntu 12.04.

Tivadar

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
tivadar
Contributor II

Hi,

I found the solution for the problem, it is pretty simple: to install the Eclipse Update for KSDK v1.0 you have to run the KDS as root. :smileyhappy:

To do this, run the following command:

$ sudo /opt/Freescale/KDS_1.1.0/eclipse/kinetis-design-studio

After the install you can use the KDS as a normal user.

Tivadar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tivadar
Contributor II

Hi,

I found the solution for the problem, it is pretty simple: to install the Eclipse Update for KSDK v1.0 you have to run the KDS as root. :smileyhappy:

To do this, run the following command:

$ sudo /opt/Freescale/KDS_1.1.0/eclipse/kinetis-design-studio

After the install you can use the KDS as a normal user.

Tivadar

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The beta version V1.0.1-beta is not supported any more with the release of the V1.1.0. You cannot add that SDK update to the beta version, because the V1.0.1-beta is not support that new SDK with the new components. I hope this makes sense.

Erich

0 Kudos
tivadar
Contributor II

Hello,

I installed the new release from the KSDK and the KDS, so there is no beta.

Tivadar

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tivadar,

oh, I appologize, I have misread somehow your original post, and thought your are talking about the beta.

But are you using Ubuntu 32bit? or are you on 64bit?

Erich

0 Kudos
tivadar
Contributor II

Hi,

I use a 12.04 32bit Ubuntu.

Tivadar

0 Kudos