Defining Custom Linker Sections in KDS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining Custom Linker Sections in KDS

FirmEE
Contributor II

Hello, I have the need to place some code in specific location in memory using KDS.  I'm using Kinetis K22 part.  I have found a post by Steve Lewis and one by Erich Styger which describes basically the same process.  I have implemented their recommendations, however all is not working as expected.   The linker links with no errors, I can see my file variables

in the map file along with the correct sizes for my ".text" and ".rodata" sections.  But, my file does not show up in the .elf file and no data was generated in the binary (SREC) file.  Is there something else I need to do so that the data from my newly created section be placed in the flash image?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello MICHAEL BURGESS ,

There is a relocating   guide for KDS you can refer to :Relocating Code and Data Using the KDS GCC Linker File for Kinetis  

And could you please share the post you mentioned.

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos