Which one should I choose?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Kinetis SDK is software development kit, you need install separate Kinetis SDK package for KDS using it.

Processor expert is integrated to KDS. users needn't install external package for it.

Kinetis SDK is newer than processor expert. both of them provide method(for example, provide sets of driver routines or method) to help user develop their own SW easier.

for the users who never use those tools before, they need take some time to learn how to use them.

sure, user can also choose  develop their project without using SDK or processor expert, thus please refer Alice's answer as above .

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

john71
Senior Contributor I

I would certainly try the SDK but there is no option for K70F120 which I use. 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Evgeny,

Any of  these is OK .

It will affect  these configuration , you can directly configure it according to your requirements :

pastedImage_1.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

john71
Senior Contributor I

I didn't like the Processor Expert. When I edit the generated code the Processor Expert rewrites it every build. SDK seems like a good solution but no support for K70F120 .

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Evgeny,

you can disable code generation, so your changes are preserved, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/03/23/disable-my-code-generation/ .

And you can disable that it generates code if you do a build, see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/10/19/how-to-avoid-slow-processor-expert-projects/ 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

john71
Senior Contributor I

I see. Thank you. Frankly all those graphical features get me frustrated. I mean - to configure the peripherals with check boxes and buttons - I'd like to do it in a plain C code. So I looked at SDK and  I like it. But strangely enough - there is no support for K70 chips.

0 Kudos