Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lv_conf.h is overwritten

Jump to solution
JohnDel
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a gui guider project developed under 1.3.0 and am trying to update it to run under 1.4.1.

There were some small issues with button text fonts being carried over properly but those were easily updated.

My main problem seems to be that each time I generate new code or run simulator (which generates new code), the lv_conf.h file is updated, overwritten with what seems to be some sort of default version of the file? Widgets that I am using get the define turned off. ex. #define LV_USE_CHART 0

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI JohnDel 

This is a new feature since GUI Guider v1.4.0. lv_conf.h is automatically updated based on project configurations.

Unfortunately there is no option can diable it. I will escalated this feature as a feature request to development team. Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

Best Regards,

Jun Zhang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnDel
Contributor I

this did not happen in 1.3

To reproduce:

• Create a blank simulator project in 1.4.1
  • hit run simulator, blank project builds, all good
  • create a file in ./custom such as chart.c
  • add

#include "gui_guider.h"

static lv_obj_t *SweepChart_chart = NULL;

void MyChart( void );

void MyChart( void )

{
     SweepChart_chart = lv_chart_create( guider_ui.screen, NULL ); 

}

• run simulator, compile fails as it can't find lv_chart_create()
  • edit ./lvgl-simulator/lv_conf.h
    • change #define LV_USE_CHART 0 
      • to #define LV_USE_CHART 1
  • run simulator, compile fails again
  • refresh lv_conf.h. Define has changed back to 0
  • drop a chart widget on the screen
  • run simulator, compile now complete, define is set to 1

It seems to be more of an issue with 1.4.1? I don't think 1.3 has anything to do with the issue.

My workaround for now is to simply create a blank screen which will not be shown and add the screen and message box widgets and it works.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI JohnDel 

This is a new feature since GUI Guider v1.4.0. lv_conf.h is automatically updated based on project configurations.

Unfortunately there is no option can diable it. I will escalated this feature as a feature request to development team. Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention.

Best Regards,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

There are two questions:

1. Could you please specify how to reproduce this problem? Please provide us step by step guide.

2. Is this problem in 1.4.1 only or also exists in 1.3.0?

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos
JohnDel
Contributor I
What I noticed as I was writing the above, the code that uses the chart widget is custom file, not generated by gui guider.
I placed a chart widget on a screen and the define was enabled.

Is there somewhere in the documentation that states this file is auto-generated? Is there a way to turn the auto-generation off?
--John
0 Kudos