How to add USB HID communication support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add USB HID communication support?

Jump to solution
GYAN
Contributor I

FRDM-MCXN947 

LCD-PAR-S035 

I know how to create USB HID demo by MCUXpresso.

But I have no idea to add USB HID communication into GUI Guider project.

Can you add some document for this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GYAN,

You don't want to open the "lvgl_guider" example project with GUI Guider. This example project is just a template for any LVGL/GUI Guider project, in MCUXpresso. 

What you want to do is have the "lvgl_guider" project in the IDE, then separately create a GUI Guider project for the same board/MCU, and once you are done creating your GUI, override the "custom" and "generated" folders from the GUI Guider project with the template "lvgl_guider" MCUXpresso project.

EdwinHz_0-1721412795374.png

In other words, you are just passing the actual GUI that you created in GUI Guider to a 'base' or 'template' project in MCUXpresso.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GYAN,

We don't have any documents that describe the process of adding USB HID communication to a GUI Guider project. Your best bet would be to import both the "lvgl_guider" example code, as well as a USB HID example code of your choosing, and merge them into a single project. I would migrate the USB HID into the lvgl_guider one, instead of the other way around. Then, you can open GUI Guider, create your GUI, and build it. Finally, you would replace the "custom" and "generated" folders from your MCUXpresso project, with the "custom" and "generated" folders of your GUI Guider project.

If you encounter any issues along the way, do not hesitate on letting me know.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
GYAN
Contributor I

Hi @EdwinHz ,

Thanks for your reply!

I follow your suggest step.

First, import "lvgl_guider" example code on MCUXpresso.

GYAN_1-1721348945575.png

But I don't know how to open this project on GUI Guider.

GUI Guider seems to need to recognize *.guiguiderh to open the project.

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GYAN,

You don't want to open the "lvgl_guider" example project with GUI Guider. This example project is just a template for any LVGL/GUI Guider project, in MCUXpresso. 

What you want to do is have the "lvgl_guider" project in the IDE, then separately create a GUI Guider project for the same board/MCU, and once you are done creating your GUI, override the "custom" and "generated" folders from the GUI Guider project with the template "lvgl_guider" MCUXpresso project.

EdwinHz_0-1721412795374.png

In other words, you are just passing the actual GUI that you created in GUI Guider to a 'base' or 'template' project in MCUXpresso.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
GYAN
Contributor I

Hi @EdwinHz ,

Thanks for your reply.

Oh I see.

I can develop UI and generate code by GUI Guider.

Then debug else function on MCUXpresso.

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @GYAN,

Precisely!

If you have any further questions about how to do this, please let me know.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos