Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui-Guider Aircon samples Application built for zephyr

Jump to solution
RafalHalik
Contributor I

Hey,

While working with the NXP Gui Guider I've come across this strange issue where the generated code cant be built for zephyr due to an extra parameter in lv_animing_set_src. I am not sure when this had changed or if its an error with the code generator but a few weeks ago the generated code worked for me. 

Gui-Guider:

version used: GUI-Guider-1.7.0-GA

LVGL Version 8.3.10 selected 

Target board (i.MX RT) MIMXRT1060_EVKB

Aircon Application selected to use as template 

Zephyr workspace: 

LVGL ver: 8.3.11

Zephyr ver: 3.6.99

Generated C code for this template 

Exported code for zephyr 

In File: setup_scr_ui_Aircon.c 

Screenshot 2024-03-15 144859.png

96 |  lv_animimg_set_src(ui->ui_Aircon_aircon_fan, (const void **) ui_Aircon_aircon_fan_imgs, 6, false);

Fails due to the extra paramter passed, "false" the last paramter which isnt required in this function call.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 145225.png

When i remove the extra paramter from the function call it seems to work as long as i add a blank "lv_font.h" file into the guider_customer_fonts directory

Screenshot 2024-03-15 150030.png

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @RafalHalik,

From the Animation Image API for v8.3 (Animation Image (lv_animimg) — LVGL documentation), the function "lv_animimg_set_src()" only has 3 parameters:

EdwinHz_0-1711049940376.png

That said, code that GUI Guider generates adds a 4th parameter to this function as a 'reverse parameter':

EdwinHz_1-1711050316152.png

This allows GUI Guider to control the direction of flow of the animation with a simple switch:

EdwinHz_3-1711050426730.png

EdwinHz_4-1711050442117.png

Ironically, this extra parameter is not meant to be a bug, but rather a feature...

However, as I mentioned before, LVGL doesn't natively have this "feature". This can be proved by creating a project from scratch in MCUXpresso and adding the LVGL middleware afterwards. In other words, create an LVGL project outside of GUI Guider. Doing this resulted in a "lv_animimg_set_src()" function without the reverse feature, and followed the normal API description:

EdwinHz_5-1711050669138.png

In conclusion, the extra parameter is added by GUI Guider as a feature, but your Zephyr workspace probably already had the LVGL middleware with the "normal" 3 parameter lv_animimg_set_src() function rather than the 4 parameter one that GUI Guider generates. deleting this extra parameter is enough to have the example work, as you mention, but you could also just add the "reverse" if-else condition that GUI Guider creates for this function and this way any GUI Guider project that uses an animated image will work on your Zephyr workspace.

I hope this helps!

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @RafalHalik,

From the Animation Image API for v8.3 (Animation Image (lv_animimg) — LVGL documentation), the function "lv_animimg_set_src()" only has 3 parameters:

EdwinHz_0-1711049940376.png

That said, code that GUI Guider generates adds a 4th parameter to this function as a 'reverse parameter':

EdwinHz_1-1711050316152.png

This allows GUI Guider to control the direction of flow of the animation with a simple switch:

EdwinHz_3-1711050426730.png

EdwinHz_4-1711050442117.png

Ironically, this extra parameter is not meant to be a bug, but rather a feature...

However, as I mentioned before, LVGL doesn't natively have this "feature". This can be proved by creating a project from scratch in MCUXpresso and adding the LVGL middleware afterwards. In other words, create an LVGL project outside of GUI Guider. Doing this resulted in a "lv_animimg_set_src()" function without the reverse feature, and followed the normal API description:

EdwinHz_5-1711050669138.png

In conclusion, the extra parameter is added by GUI Guider as a feature, but your Zephyr workspace probably already had the LVGL middleware with the "normal" 3 parameter lv_animimg_set_src() function rather than the 4 parameter one that GUI Guider generates. deleting this extra parameter is enough to have the example work, as you mention, but you could also just add the "reverse" if-else condition that GUI Guider creates for this function and this way any GUI Guider project that uses an animated image will work on your Zephyr workspace.

I hope this helps!

BR,
Edwin.

RafalHalik
Contributor I

Hey @EdwinHz 

Ah I see must of missed that. Well that's good to know thankyou for your time and great answer, very detailed! 

0 Kudos