cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting text in a label

daniJVV
Contributor I

Hi everybody,

I'm developing a project using Gui Guider for RT1176 custom board.

It's a very useful tool, but I think there are some things improvables in order to make easier and useful to the developer.

In a label, it would be nice to introduce the option to bold and cursive some parts of the code, like in html can be done. And also the option to do a line feed (\n).

The line feed is able to do it customizing the code , but I think it's not possible in the GUI guider interface.

Maybe it's not the place to make suggestions, but It would be nice if you tell me the way to do it.

I think Gui Guider could be a great tool for developing GUI's with some improvements.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

brandon698sherrick
Contributor I

Hello there Kynect@daniJVV,

You're looking to add some formatting options to text labels in your project using Gui Guider for the RT1176 custom board. While Gui Guider may not currently have built-in support for bold, italic, or line feed formatting in text labels, you can achieve similar effects by customizing the code.

To add bold or italic formatting to specific parts of text in a label, you can use HTML-like tags or escape sequences to indicate the formatting. For example:

To make text bold: <b>Bold Text</b>
To make text italic: <i>Italic Text</i>
If you're unable to add these tags directly within the Gui Guider interface, you may need to modify the generated code manually after exporting from Gui Guider.

As for line feeds, you mentioned that you're able to customize the code to include line breaks (\n). If this is not possible directly within the Gui Guider interface, you may need to manually add line breaks in the code editor after exporting your project.

While it's always great to provide feedback and suggestions for improvement to the developers of Gui Guider, you can also explore alternative approaches to achieve the desired formatting within your project using the available customization options.

Overall, Gui Guider can indeed be a powerful tool for developing GUIs, and with some additional customization, you can enhance the visual appearance and usability of your applications.

Best Regards,
Kynect

0 Kudos

WenbinYuan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @daniJVV,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and support.

We will considering your feedback as future improvement and there're some tips for the label widget:

1. the bold and cursive are controlled by Font file in LVGL, it means the text in one label cannot determine which character is 'regular' and which is 'bold'. But this feature could be implemented by spangroup with customized font file, please check the Doc: Spangroup.
  2. the (\n) feed being disabled to avoid crashing the codes by random input with '\', now you could just use 'Enter' key to do the line break: 

WenbinYuan_0-1715323073894.png

Best Regards,

Wenbin

0 Kudos