why does the left part of curve in Oscillosope disappear when using CAN communication?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

why does the left part of curve in Oscillosope disappear when using CAN communication?

跳至解决方案
779 次查看
ChenBowen
Contributor II

阶跃最高能过6.PNG

Dear Expert:

I am using Freemaster2.5, Why does the left part of curve in Oscillosope disappear when using CAN communication?   And more, the curve sometimes suddenly  stops for a second and then moves on, making the curve strange as expected.    

If using JTAG communication, these issues all resolve , but we need to use CAN in project.

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
759 次查看
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

most probably, this is caused by a fact that CAN communication is faster and there is a limited number of points configured for the Oscilloscope graph. 

Go to oscilloscope properties and see the "Buffer" settings (I do not have a screenshot for old version 2.5). The number set there defines the maximum number of points the graph will be able to handle. You can increase this number.

Also, most probably, you have the Period set to 0ms (fastest possible). This means that the fast CAN is able acquire the maximum number of points in graph quicker than over a serial line. If you would set the period to 10ms or so, both CAN and serial would be sampling at the same speed and the graph would behave the same.

Regards,
Michal 

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数
760 次查看
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

most probably, this is caused by a fact that CAN communication is faster and there is a limited number of points configured for the Oscilloscope graph. 

Go to oscilloscope properties and see the "Buffer" settings (I do not have a screenshot for old version 2.5). The number set there defines the maximum number of points the graph will be able to handle. You can increase this number.

Also, most probably, you have the Period set to 0ms (fastest possible). This means that the fast CAN is able acquire the maximum number of points in graph quicker than over a serial line. If you would set the period to 10ms or so, both CAN and serial would be sampling at the same speed and the graph would behave the same.

Regards,
Michal 

0 项奖励
回复
754 次查看
ChenBowen
Contributor II

Thank you !

0 项奖励
回复