Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster MCAT speed command inputing

Jump to solution
AnweshaPanda
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I am using MIMXRT1060 and freedom development board for controlling a PMSM. I am using the demo codes available with MCUXpresso IDE. Also, considering using NXP model based design tool in Simulink envirnoment.

I understand I can control the motor in run time using freeMaster MCAT where I need to enter the speed (in FOC control) manually. 

My question is I want to enter a step speed command, (like say 500 rpm for 10s then 750 rpm for next 10s). Is there any way to do that in FreeMaster??

Like importing a command or something.

Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @AnweshaPanda,

I think "Variable Stimulus" should fit your needs. You can find it in the bottom left corner of the window.

Capture.PNG

If it is not visible, it can be enabled from the menu:  View →  Variable Stimulus.

To create a new Stimulus right click inside "Variable Stimulus" area and select "New...".

In your case it could look like this:

Capture2.PNG

Once it is added you will find your Stimulus in the window shown before. You can start it by double clicking the new item or right click → Run!.

Note: The Stimulus will increase/decrease the variable value at a given time step between 2 consecutive entries (similar to a slope), for a "step" transition you need to pass 2 values with minimal time difference.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnweshaPanda
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thanks Lulian for all the support

0 Kudos
iulian_stan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @AnweshaPanda,

I think "Variable Stimulus" should fit your needs. You can find it in the bottom left corner of the window.

Capture.PNG

If it is not visible, it can be enabled from the menu:  View →  Variable Stimulus.

To create a new Stimulus right click inside "Variable Stimulus" area and select "New...".

In your case it could look like this:

Capture2.PNG

Once it is added you will find your Stimulus in the window shown before. You can start it by double clicking the new item or right click → Run!.

Note: The Stimulus will increase/decrease the variable value at a given time step between 2 consecutive entries (similar to a slope), for a "step" transition you need to pass 2 values with minimal time difference.