#error "No valid CPU defined!" with gcc toolchain for MIMXRT1160

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#error "No valid CPU defined!" with gcc toolchain for MIMXRT1160

kunf
Contributor II

I am setting up a gcc toolchain  for MIMXRT1160 using an preconfigured example. When building it, I get the following error:

====================[ Build | core0_cm7.elf | Debug ]===========================
"C:\Program Files\JetBrains\CLion 2021.1.2\bin\cmake\win\bin\cmake.exe" --build C:\Users\local_kunf\CLionProjects\1160_prog_almer\core0_cm7\cmake-build-debug --target core0_cm7.elf -- -j 6
Scanning dependencies of target core0_cm7.elf
[ 2%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/board/board.c.obj
[ 5%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/board/clock_config.c.obj
[ 7%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/board/dcd.c.obj
[ 10%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/board/pin_mux.c.obj
[ 12%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/source/main_master.c.obj
[ 15%] Building C object CMakeFiles/core0_cm7.elf.dir/mcmgr/mcmgr_internal_core_api_imxrt1160.c.obj
In file included from C:\Users\local_kunf\CLionProjects\1160_prog_almer\core0_cm7\drivers/fsl_common.h:31:0,
from C:\Users\local_kunf\CLionProjects\1160_prog_almer\core0_cm7\board\board.c:8:
C:\Users\local_kunf\CLionProjects\1160_prog_almer\core0_cm7\device/fsl_device_registers.h:37:6: error: #error "No valid CPU defined!"
#error "No valid CPU defined!"
^~~~~

In which file must the desired processor be specified?

Thanks for helping me.

Regards

Stefan

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

Hi @kunf ,

Check the project created with the MCUXpresso IDE: there are bunch of compiler defines you need to set for the MCUXpresso SDK projects, otherwise you will get such errors. In the project settings, check the compiler settings.

Or see how to setup projects with CMake here: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2021/05/04/visual-studio-code-for-c-c-with-arm-cortex-m-part-2/

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos