controller with Autosar support and 12 PWM channels with Center aligned PWM with dead band insertion

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controller with Autosar support and 12 PWM channels with Center aligned PWM with dead band insertion

vaibhavdalvi
Contributor I

Looking for controller for six phase motor controller with dual motor control capability. Need 12 PWM outputs with centrally aligned PWM with dead band functionality. Could find controllers with max 7 such channels ( e.g. MPC5748G with 7 such channels and max 96 channels in all). If possible give clarity on MPC5746R, where 32 channels are listed and all are said to be configurable. But document is bit obtuse on whether all 32 channels can be configured for Centrally Aligned PWM with dead band functionality.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Vaibhav,

Regarding your question to select the processor to control two motor with 12 PWM signals, we have MC56F84xxx for example MC56F84789, it has TWO eFlexPWM modules, each eFlexPWM module can output at least 8 channels PWM signal, so the MC56F84789 can output 16 PWM signals, all the PWM signals support center-aligned or edge aligned, and it supports complementary mode with deadtime insertion for the PWM pair. But the MC56F84xxx odes not support AEC-Q100.

The MC56F82748 supports AEC-Q100, but it has only one eFlexPWM module, can output 8 PWM signals.

I suggest you consider S32K family which support AEC-Q100, it has FTM modules, the FTM can output PWM signals, one FTM module can output at most 8 channels PWM signal.

pastedImage_1.png

This is S32K link:

32-bit Automotive General Purpose MCUs | NXP 

Regarding the MPC547x, it appears that the processors use TPM to generate PWM signals, I am not familiar with the TPM module, I suggest you post your question to the MPC5xxx community link:

https://community.nxp.com/community/s32/mpc5xxx 

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos