Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Static bootloader source code for MC56F8037

Jump to solution
laonnuri
Contributor I

anyone please help

I can't find the static_bootloader source code for the MC56F8037.
Can you tell me where I can get the download or provide the static_bootloader source code?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MC56F803x has just 32KW(64K bytes) flash, all the flash is located in the one block, if you want to operate the flash(erasing/programming), the code to erase flash/program flash in bootloader must be located in program RAM and run from program RAM to operate flash so that the application binary can be programmed in flash by bootloader.

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

As you know that the MC56F803x is a bit old(released in 2009 year), the bootloader can be generated with the CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3 as the following screenshot, after you click File->New->Processor Expert Examples Stationery

Then select the bootloader, the tools will generate the bootloader code based on the selected DSC derivatives.

But the CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3  has issue if you run it on Win 10 OS, because the tools has not updated for a long time. Pls get a PC with Win XP OS and install the CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3 tools.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1658806136310.png

0 Kudos
laonnuri
Contributor I

Thanks for your kind reply.

However, the serial_bootloader generated via "Processor Expert Examples Stationery" is known as a dynamic_booltloader that runs after the code has been moved from FLASH to RAM.

I'd appreciate it if you could confirm that the method you described is how to create a static serial bootloader that can be run continuously in FLASH.

And I know that you provided static_serial_bootloader source code as "~.zip" in the past.

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

pls refer to the AN4275.pdf for the static/dynamic bootloader for MC56F82xx.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
laonnuri
Contributor I

Thanks for your kind reply.

If so, can you tell me what part I need to modify to omit "copy RAM code and data from flash to RAM" in the "flowchart" below and make "RAM code" run in flash?
(source code? or make_file? or start_code?)

flow.jpg

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The MC56F803x has just 32KW(64K bytes) flash, all the flash is located in the one block, if you want to operate the flash(erasing/programming), the code to erase flash/program flash in bootloader must be located in program RAM and run from program RAM to operate flash so that the application binary can be programmed in flash by bootloader.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
laonnuri
Contributor I

Thanks for the detailed and kind explanation.

0 Kudos